Huawei devices are not much known in USA, If you recently got you Nexus 6P and you are wondering how to unlock its bootloader, then you are at the right place, In this guide I will guide you on How to unlock Huawei Nexus 6P bootloader, As you might have an idea by now that Huawei devices have locked bootloader for security purpose, It is to stop the users from messing with the kernel and flashing custom ROMs. As it can result in bricking of your phone.
some manufacturers allow you to unlock bootloader of your phone by accepting the agreement that solely you will be responsible for the consequences after you unlock the bootloader and flash some other ROM or kernel image. In Huawei devices you also have to accept an agreement before you get the bootloader unlocking code.
For the users who know how to deal with flashing ROMs and bricked phones, unlocking bootloader isn’t much of a thing, unlocking bootloader gives you a lot of more options that you can do with your phone. You break the barrier imposed by the manufacturer and discover a new dimension of your smartphone.
Now let’s move on to how to unlock Huawei Nexus 6P bootloader:
How to Unlock Huawei Nexus 6P Bootloader
In order to unlock Huawei Nexus 6P bootloader, First you will have to get the code from Huawei official site by accepting the agreement that you’ll be responsible if you screw up your phone after unlocking the bootloader, then you will have to use a tool of Minimal ADB and Fastboot. that’s all. I’ll guide you step by step on how to perform all this process to Unlock Huawei Nexus 6P bootloader:
First of all you have to Get the Bootloader code, Following are the steps for it:
- Goto Huawei Club Site, In order to get your phone registered using your email address or phone number
- On Huawei Club site, Click on Register for free, It will be present on right bottom on page.
- Now you will have two option, Either you can register your Nexus 6P using your phone number or Email Address, I will guide you how to get your Nexus 6P registered using Email address.
- Now Enter you email address and assign a password to your Huawei account.
- After you have registered, you will get an email in 5-10 minutes from Huawei on the email address you used to register.
- Now check your emails, you will see a verification email there, verify your email address.
- Now go back to Huawei club page and Login using email address and password you just used to register.
- After you login, you will be redirected to a page, where you will see an agreement regarding unlocking bootloader of your Nexus 6P.
- Scroll to the bottom and accept the agreement and click on the “Next” button.
- Now you will have to enter details of your smartphone, If you don’t know about the details of your phone, Goto Settings > About Device.
- Now submit all the details of your phone, you will get 16 digit code bootloader unlocking code of your Nexus 6P.
How to Unlock Huawei Nexus 6P Bootloader:
Now you have the unlocking code, Following steps are easy, if you have unlocked bootloader of your any other android device before.
- First of all you will need to Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC, For that you can use a tool named as Minimal ADB and Fastboot drivers, Its a tool developed by XDA developer named as SHIMP, for installing ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Now Enable USB debugging mode on your Nexus 6P.
- Now Turn it off
- Press and hold volume down key, While you’re holding the volume down key, plug in data cable to your PC.
- Now open the tool you just downloaded “Minimal ADB and Fastboot”, It will be present on your desktop, if you can locate it go to your windows drive > program files Minimal ADB and Fastboot > now locate and open py_cmd.exe file.
- When the tool is up and running, enter the followings command, Just one at a time
//*Above code is to verify connection of your phone and PC
fastboot oem unlock xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
//* Replace the xxxx with the code you retrieved from the Huawei Club page by registering your device and accepting the agreement.
- Now Hit Enter Key
Your phone will perform a factory reset and all your data will be wiped, When your phone will reboot, It’s bootloader will be unlocked.
Now you can install custom ROMS and flash kernel images on your Nexus 6P, Happy flashing, If you have any issue regarding How to Unlock Huawei Nexus 6P bootloader, let us know in the comments, Also let us know about, why you wanted to unlock bootloader of your Nexus 6P.