If you have a Samsung Galaxy S6, and you’re a power user. you can use these following tips to speed up Galaxy S6 performance. With time S6 starts to slow down a bit, but you can get it back to high speed in no time.
Samsung Galaxy S6 was released in April 2015, it weighs 138 grams and it has 6.8mm thickness, currently it’s running on Android 5.0.2 lollipop, it has amazing display screen of 5.1″ with 1440 x 2560 pixels. It is powered by Exynos 7420 and it’s supported by 3GB RAM.
How to Speed up Galaxy S6 performance
Although Samsung Galaxy S6 is one of the most powerful smartphones out there, whatever apps or games you want to use, S6 has the processing power to support them, but with time your S6 might start to slow down a bit, Following are some tips to speed up S6 performance:
Use Alternate Launcher
First tip to speed up Galaxy S6 is to switch the launcher, you might not believe how much difference the launcher makes in the performance, get a lighter launcher. It will speed up the reaction time of your S6, few of the stable and recommended launchers are as follows:
- Nova Launcher
- Solo Launcher
- Dodol Launcher
With time the apps and your system keep on building the stocks of cache. It’s better to get rid of them time to time, cache in temporary folders clog the memory and it is one of the factors that makes your phone slow.
To clear cache:
- Go To Setting-> App Manager
- Select App.
- There you’ll see Clear Cache, tap on it.
You can clear system cache by following the steps below. Its a great way to enhance performance and speed up Galaxy S6:
- First of all turn off your Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Once it’s completely turned off. Enter into recovery menu by Pressing Volume Up + Home + Power button simultaneously. Keep on holding the buttons until you see Android figure in the background.
- Now in recovery menu. Locate Wipe Cache Partition. Use volume buttons to navigate to it.
- Now Press power button to select it.
- After wiping cache partition.
- Select on Reboot system now.
Reduce Number of Startup Apps
There are number of services and apps that start automatically when you reboot your phone and they are running in the background constantly consuming processing power of your phone.
There are apps which allow you to shut down these apps and prevent them from starting at every start up, you can use the app Greenify to turn off startup apps.
If you’re not sure how to reduce number of startup apps, use this step to step guide to disable startup apps.
Speed Up Animations
You can increase animation and page transition speed from the settings, no root is required to speed up animations, when you’ll increase the animation time, the response of your phone will be very quick.
In order to speed up animations:
- Goto Setting.
- Tap build number 7 times, developer options will appear.
- Find and tap on window animation Scale
- Change the transition speed, 0.5x is recommended.
Now try switching between apps you will see much difference in speed.
Delete Unwanted Apps
Delete the apps you no longer use, It won’t take time if you’ll delete the apps in bulk. Freeing space matters alot when it comes to speed of smartphone.
In order to delete apps in bulk.
- Tap top right corner of your S6.
- You’ll enter into Edit mode of Apps.
- Now select number of apps and delete them.
When nothing works, the best solution is to factory reset your phone and start from a new beginning, only thing you want to do before factory reset is backing up your contacts and data.
These are some of the tips to enhance performance of Samsung Galaxy S6. If you know some tips regarding how to speed up Galaxy S6 performance, let us know in the comments.