Losing a phone can be really troublesome. It can really freak you out when you are unable to find phone. Most frustrating thing is when you know that your phone is somewhere at home or office but you cant locate it. Its on silent so you cant just give it a call and find where it is. In this guide I will be covering how to ring and locate lost LG G4 remotely using Android Device Manager. It’s a service by Google that can be used to locate and track your lost Android phone remotely.
Ring and Locate Lost LG G4
There are number of features that Android device manager offers which can be performed on your LG G4 remotely. You can locate your phone on google map if its online. If its offline Android device manager will show you date and time where it was last online. You can also use this service to ring your phone even if its on silent or vibration. Using the feature named as Ring my Device. You can make your phone ring for 5 minutes on its maximum volume.
Following are the features of Android device Manager which lets you access your LG G4 remotely:
- Locate: If you can find your phone you can use this service to see location of your phone on Google Map. If your phone is offline. You will be able to see the time when it was last online.
- Ring: If your phone is on silent. And you cant find it. Although you know its around somewhere. Using this feature you can make it ring. Even if its silent.
- Lock: If you have lost your phone and you dont want any stranger to access the data present in it including messages and pictures. You can use this feature to lock your phone with a new password. You can also display a message like ” Who ever finds this phone call me at this number”.
- Erase: If you are certain that you will never get your hands on your phone ever again. You can erase all the content present in it using erase feature. You wont be able to locate your phone once you have erased it.
Lets move on to the guide on how to Ring and Locate Lost LG G4:
Only prerequisite of this guide is that you have to have Google account on your LG G4. If you ever logged into your LG G4 using Google/gmail account for Google Playstore or anything else then you will be able to use Android device manager to access your phone remotely.
- First of all head on to Android Device Manager.
- Login using your Google/Gmail account credentials.
- Once you are signed into Android device manager. Select your device.
- Now Android device manager will display location of your phone on Google Map. Like in the Screenshot below.
If you are sure that you have lost your phone forever and there is no chance of retrieving it. Or you are certain that it got stolen. You can lock your phone. It will safeguard your data and prevent someone else who gets hold of you phone access your data. You can also erase all the contents and data of your phone remotely.
If you select the option to lock your phone. Android device manager will generate a new password on your phone and display it to you on your PC. You will also be able to display a custom message along with your number like “Hey this phone is lost, kindly contact on this number to return it”.
That’s all on how to track and locate lost LG G4 remotely. If you have any query or issues, feel free to ask me in the comments. If you were able to successfully trace your phone’s location using Android device manager, do give us feedback.