Galaxy S7 is the latest flagship of Samsung. It stands as one of the most elite phone in the market of smartphones. It is being used by millions and some people are still waiting for their phone to get delivered. S7 has sleek and stylish body and it has certified water resistant rating. One of the great feature of S7 is its expandable memory slot which was ditched in S6. Not having expandable memory card was a real headache for the techies who love installing custom ROMS. That’s how I got my Galaxy S7 stuck at Samsung logo at boot.
Furthermore, Samsung Galaxy S7 comes with 12 Megapixel camera and it has 32/64 GB internal memory. A beast when it comes to processing power. It has Snapdragon 820 along with 4 GB RAM. S7’s battery is big enough to survive heavy use for a whole day. And it is running on the latest operating system of Google that is Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Galaxy S7 Stuck at Samsung Logo in Bootloop:
Now lets move on to what this post is all about. If you have got your Galaxy S7 stuck at Samsung logo at boot, I have got a working solution for you. Well solution is quite simple but it will delete all the data present inside your phone. The method requires bit of technical work and looks wierd to newbies who are not into flashing ROM. But if you follow the guide as it is. You will have no problem. It sucks to get locked out of your phone and being unable to access it. So I am here to help you guys out.
Well guys. The solution is to flash the stock ROM into your Samsung Galaxy S7. It will make your phone new as it was when you took it out of the box. Furthermore, you might me wondering what does “Flashing Stock ROM” means. Well it means, reinstalling the operating system your phone was running on that is Android 6.0.1.
Now lets move on to guide on how to fix Galaxy S7 stuck at Samsung Logo:
Following are some downloadables that you will need before you proceed to flashing stock firmware on Galaxy S7:
- Download ODIN V3.12.3 from here. (Click on “Download through browser” when the window opens).
- From here Download Stock Firmware for your S7 from SamMobile.
- Download Samsung Drivers for Windows. (Link to download file is under the main heading). These drivers are to be installed on your PC, they are essential for your PC to recognise your device properly.
- You will need a computer for this solution.
Important! : Before Moving forward please make sure KIES is not running on your PC or is not present in the system taskbar tray.
Make sure you have got the right ROM for your phone. If you phone is carrier unlocked and it is not branded you can use any carrier free (unbranded) ROM from the link above. Now how to check if your phone is branded or not. If logo or any carrier appears when you start your phone then its branded, if only Samsung logo appears when you reboot your phone then it’s clean. Most noteworthy thing is that you make sure you don’t flash unbranded ROM on branded phone and vice versa.
Now lets move on to the guide on how to fix Galaxy S7 stuck at Samsung logo by flashing stock ROM:
- First of all, download ODIN on your PC.
- Install Samsung USB drivers for windows on your PC.
- Download the right ROM for your phone and extract it on your desktop or anywhere it is easily accessible. Extract the .zip file to get .tar or .tar.md5 file.
- Now turn off your Galaxy S7.
- Get it into Download mode:
- Press Volume Down, Power button and Home Button simultaneously.
- Keep on holding buttons till you see a warning.
- Press Volume up button to continue.
- Now open ODIN on your windows PC.
- Connect your Galaxy S7 with your PC via data cable. The ID:COM section will turn blue, like in the screenshot below. Its an indication that the PC has recognised your device.
- Click on AP or in some ODIN versions PDA .
- After that, locate and select the stock ROM you downloaded for your phone.
- If the firmware you downloaded extracts more than one file, then select the corresponding section according to file type BL belongs to Bootloader, AP belongs to PDA, CP belongs to Phone(Modem) and select CSC file in CSC tab. ( Mostly you just need to select AP/PDA file like in the screenshot below)
- Make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is checked in the options. DO NOT CHECK REPARTITION.
- Click on Start.
- Now, wait for 4-5 minutes. Don’t disconnect your phone from your PC while ODIN is flashing because it can brick your phone. Wait even if it takes time.
- Finally, when the flashing will complete your phone will reboot. and it will not get stuck at Samsung logo.
If you are reluctant to flash stock ROM using ODIN to fix Galaxy S7 stuck at Samsung logo. Then use Smart Switch. Its an official software from Samsung and very easy to use. And it does the same job. Watch the tutorial below.
In conclusion, I hope this guide works out for you. I know it feels crap to get locked out of your phone. If you have any query in the guide above, feel free to ask in the comments. And don’t forget to give feedback if this guide fixed your phone. It would really cheer me up. That’s all on how to fix Galaxy S7 stuck at Samsung Logo. Until next time.