Samsung Galaxy S4, released in 2013, is now very old in smartphone world but it is still very powerful smartphone. However, every machine needs to be tuned up in order to work better and faster. Similarly, if you are using Samsung Galaxy S4 for a long time then you need to format it. After formatting Galaxy S4, you will notice that your old smartphone is working better and faster than before. So, whether you just want to make Samsung Galaxy S4 faster or you want to sell it, this guide will help you to format Samsung Galaxy S4.
Before start following the guide, make sure that you make a backup of all your important data such as contacts, media, personal data and important information which you don’t want to lose. Once, you format Samsung Galaxy S4, all the data in the device will be permanently deleted. So it’s a better choice to make a backup first.
There are two methods to format Samsung Galaxy S4. You can follow any one of the following methods.
In this method, you can format Galaxy S4 from your device settings. Follow the steps enlisted below.
- First of all, plug in your Galaxy S4 to the charger.
- Open app drawer and go to ‘Settings‘.
- Tap on ‘Accounts’ and go to ‘Backup and Reset’. It is always beneficial to back up your data for future.
- To back up your data, check both the boxes ‘Back up my data’ and ‘Automatic Restore’.
- Now, tap on ‘Factory data Reset’.
- Here, at the end of the window, you’ll see ‘Reset device’ option. Now, the device will wipe out all the data and will restore to its factory settings.
In this method, we’ll explain you to format Galaxy S4 with hard reset. For that, follow the steps enlisted below.
- To turn off the smartphone, press and hold the power button. Release the button when a window pops up. Tap on ‘Power off’. The device will power off.
- Now, you have to boot your smartphone in recovery mode. For that, press and hold these three buttons simultaneously; Power button, Volume Up button and Home button. Keep the three buttons pressed until you see the Samsung logo.
- At this point, release only the ‘Power button’ and keep holding the other two buttons until you see the ‘Recovery Booting’ message. Now, release all the buttons.
- For navigation, use ‘Volume Up and Volume Down’ buttons. Navigate to ‘Wipe cache partition’ and then press ‘Power’ button to select the option. (Wiping cache partition is not mandatory)
- Now, navigate to ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and select this option by pressing ‘Power’ button.
- Select ‘Yes’ by scrolling down the screen to confirm the action.
- After the process has been completed, navigate to ’Reboot system now’ and select it. Now, your device will reboot.
- At this point, you’ll have an option to restore data or to register as a new user.
If have any query regarding how to format Samsung Galaxy S4, then let us know in the comments below. If you get stuck at any step, then comment here, we’ll help you out.