Android is best operating system for a reason, it lets you perform operation that you cant even think of in other mobile phone operating systems. Another great feature that it allows you is to install zip files using custom recovery. In this guide, I will guide you on how to extract zip files using custom recovery on Android. The process is simple all you have to do is to get custom recovery on your phone before you move forward.
Extract Zip Files using custom recovery on Android
You can extract zip files using custom recovery on android, it is a simple process and takes maximum 5 minutes. Using custom recovery you can extract kernels, custom ROMS and flash many more things on your phone, which are not possible while operating system is up and running. for the beginners, if its your first time, you don’t have to worry about anything. Everything is explained in most simple terms in the guide below.
Note: Before moving forward make backup of your phone using this guide. Although installing custom recovery does not deletes any of your data.
- Firstly, you have to get custom recovery. Use this guide to flash custom recovery like CWM or TWRP on your Android phone. Select the right custom recovery for you phone and then use the guide in the link to flash it. Once you have custom recovery move on with the guide. Don’t be worried, installing custom recovery wont delete any of your data. Although the stock recovery shows an option to flash zip files but you cant flash unbranded files using stock recovery, like you can’t extract kernel or custom ROM zip files using it.
Now that you have installed custom recovery follow the below steps to extract zip files using custom recovery on android
- First of all, Place the zip files you want to extract in either the internal storage of your phone that is also called SDcard0 or just SDcard.
- Now turn off your phone.
- Once its off. Press Volume Up + Home Button and Power button simultaneously. Keep on holding the buttons until you see Android figure on screen. (This is standard procedure to get into recovery menu in Samsung phones, button combination might be different if you are using some other smartphone).
- Now in recovery menu, use volume buttons to navigate to install zip from SDcard. Use power button to select.
- Now, if the zip file that you want to extract is in internal storage of your phone, navigate to choose zip from internal SDcard. If the zip file is in external card of your phone then navigate to choose zip from SDcard.
- After selecting the option. You will see the extractable files present in your phone storage or external card.
- Select them using power button. It will take few seconds to extract and then you will get notification in the log present at the bottom of screen that Zip file installed successfully.
That’s it. If you have any issue regarding how to extract zip files using custom recovery on Android. Let me know in the comments. Your feedback will be appreciated. Your queries will be entertained in the comments. You can also ask us in using contact us form.