Huawei was not much known in Europe and USA before the company collaborated with Google to come with a masterpiece named as Nexus 6P. After that company made it grounds all over the world proving its worth by the quality smartphone they developed. Latest smartphone by the company is Huawei P9. It has all it takes to be one of the best Android smartphone of this year. It has great processing power and all great features which makes it stand next to the Samsung Galaxy S7, HTC 10 and LG G5. Today we will talk about how to enter recovery menu on Huawei P9.
Note: This guide is for all versions of Huawei P9. (Huawei P9 Plus, P9 Lite)
Huawei has this great feature which none of the other smartphone manufacturers have. It lets you interact with recovery menu using touch. In other phones, one has to use volume buttons to navigate and power button to make selection. Stock recovery allows you to flash zip files from the internal or external storage of your phone. Using recovery you can also flash custom recoveries, custom ROMs and every zip file. Few notable features that can be done using recovery on Huawei P9 are as follows:
- Make NANDROID backup.
- Flash Custom ROMs.
- Flash Custom Recoveries.
- Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Wipe Cache Partition.
- Hard/Factory Reset Phone.
- Format SDcard.
Enter Recovery Menu on Huawei P9
Although there are number of ways that can be used to get into recovery menu of Huawei P9. But the most easiest and common way is via button combination. And the other method is via ADB commands. Once you are in recovery menu you can make selection either by tapping on screen or by using volume buttons to navigate and power button to make selection.
Enter recovery menu on Huawei P9 using button combination:
- First of all you have to shut down your phone.
- Once it’s powered off, press and hold volume up and power button at same time
- Release the buttons when you see Huawei logo flashing.
- That is it. Now you will see recovery menu of your phone.
If by some reason you are not able to use button combination to get into recovery menu then use the method below.
Enter Recovery Menu on Huawei P9 using ADB commands.
Now if you want to access recovery menu of Huawei P9 using ADB commands, make sure you have installed drivers of Huawei on your PC. In most cases, windows downloads and installs the drivers itself, when you connect it to PC. Drivers are to be installed so that your PC recognises your phone.
- First of all, make sure your phone is connected and recognised by your PC.
- Now, head to your phone and enable USB debugging; Goto Settings-> Select About Phone -> Locate Build number and tap it 7 times. Head back to settings page and locate Developers Options -> Enable USB debugging.
- Goto android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt
- Shift + Right-click in the folder and then click on open Command Prompt.
- Now enter the following command:
adb reboot recovery
- Now your phone will restart and boot into recovery menu.
That’s all from my side. I tried my best to explain in best possible way. If you still have any queries or questions feel free to ask me in the comments. Also give us feedback. Feel free to ask if you are still confused about how to enter recovery menu on Huawei P9.