Custom recovery on Android phone opens up great new options for the user to explore. It gives you number of features that can not be applied while the operating system is running or while you have stock recovery on your phone. Today we will talk about how to install custom recovery on HTC 10. And we will be covering TWRP in this guide. Before moving forward lets see what features you can access on your phone after you have installed TWRP on your phone:
- You can create NANDROID backup.
- You can Root your phone by flashing SuperSu file.
- You can flash custom ROM on your phone.
- You can wipe Dalvik cache partition.
- You can perform hard/factory reset of your phone.
- You can wipe Cache partition.
- You can Mount External Storage.
- You can format SDcard.
- You can Flash Zip files.
Above are the notable features that can be performed via custom recovery. There are other many advanced features present in TWRP recovery. HTC 10 is said to have the best front camera as compared to its competitors. Battery timing is awesome and it has latest version of Android that is Marshmallow 6.0.1. HTC has never failed to impress from its hardware quality. Body of HTC 10 is sleek and design is stylish. You can call HTC 10 most complete Android smartphone of 2016. Now lets talk about how to install custom recovery on HTC 10.
Install Custom Recovery on HTC 10 [TWRP]
There are many ways to install custom recovery on HTC 10. Few of the most common and easiest ways are covered in the guide below. Easiest way to get custom recovery on HTC 10 is via TWRP manager that can be installed via Google Play Store or by downloading and installing its APK file. There is another way to install TWRP that includes downloading the .img file from TWRP website and then flashing it on your phone using flashify or some other app that lets you flash .img files. Other method to flash custom recovery on HTC 10 is through ADB commands.
Important Note: Before you proceed with installing custom recovery on HTC 10, make sure you have unlocked bootloader of your phone. If you don’t know how to unlock bootloader then see this guide.
Install TWRP on HTC 10 using TWRP Manager Requires Root
This method is easiest, but to be honest when I tried to install custom recovery via TWRP manager, it didn’t work for me. Well, I am not saying it does not works, It works. But it didn’t work for me.
Note: This method requires your phone to be rooted.
- So first of all download TWRP Manager on your phone.
- Install the app on your phone and open it.
- Now select, install TWRP.
- Select HTC 10 (pme) from the list.
- Select Install recovery.
- Now reboot your phone. It will be installed.
You can reboot into recovery menu using TWRP manager or via button combination.
Install TWRP on HTC 10 via Flashing the .img file.
This method is easy, and it doesnot requires much work. All you have to do is to get the TWRP’s .img file for your phone and flash it on your phone via Flashify or some app like that. Following the step to step guide below to install custom recovery on HTC 10:
- First of all download TWRP Recovery file from this link. ( Go to Download Links -> Click on Primary -> Download the Latest TWRP Recovery .img file)
- Move the file to internal or external storage of your phone (Internal Storage is recommended).
- Now download Flashify on your phone.
- Now open Flashify and select the TWRP recovery .img file and flash it into your phone.
That’s all. Now Turn off your phone and press volume down and power button to boot into recovery menu. Flashify App requires root access to flash .img files. So root your phone before flashing TWRP using this method.
Note: You can also install TWRP by downloading the .ZIP file from official site with respect to your device and then converting that .ZIP file to .TAR.MD5 and then flashing it using ODIN.
Flash Custom Recovery TWRP on HTC 10 using ADB Commands.
Using this method you can flash custom recovery TWRP on HTC 10 using ADB commands. This method doesnot requires root access
Prerequisites for this method:
- Install HTC drivers on your PC.
- Make Sure phone is charged above 50%.
- Download TWRP Recovery .img file from TWRP official site. (Its link is present in 2nd method).
- Enable Developers options. Head to Settings-> Select About Phone -> Locate Build number and tap it 7 times. Head back to settings page and locate Developers Options -> Enable USB debugging.
Now once you have performed the steps above. Move on to the guide below to install TWRP recovery on your HTC 10:
- First of all, rename the TWRP recovery file to twrp.img
- Now Goto android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt
- Shift + Right-click in the folder and then click on open Command Prompt.
- Now in command promt enter the following commands one by one and let the first one process before giving the next command.
adb reboot download
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot reboot bootloader.
- Now you have installed TWRP on your HTC 10. In order to reboot into recovery menu enter the following commands.
adb reboot recovery
That’s all from my side. If you have any questions or queries on how to install custom recovery on HTC 10, you can ask me in the comments. If you are still confused about any point in any of three methods above feel free to ask me. Give us your feedback if this guide helped you to flash TWRP on your HTC 10.