There are times when you are completely locked out of your phone or your phone is lost or stolen and least you can do is lock your phone or erase the data present in it. Having said that you don’t have access to your phone. So today we will talk about how to erase Galaxy S6 data remotely.
Losing your phone is a very harsh reality and hard to accept. Mostly because you have so much memories in it which can not be compensated for even if you get a new phone. In this era, all the memories and special moments are captured and stored in phones in the form of pictures, videos, texts or notes. We realise its importance when we no longer have our phone with ourselves.
Erase Galaxy S6 Data Remotely
So to erase data present inside your phone remotely, we will be using two methods. Each method gives access to your phone remotely using some other smartphone or computer. All you have to do is to sign in using your credentials and perform remote actions like wiping all of its data or locking the phone so no one can access it. Locking your phone remotely has a benefit that no one can open it to see the data present inside it. When you lock your phone remotely, it displays a message on the screen that this phone is stolen and your number appears on the screen. So that if its not stolen just misplaced and someone else has found it. That person can contact on that number to give it back to its real owner. While erasing all the content will delete all your personal information and pictures along with credit card details and payment receipts. Now let’s move on to the first method that can be used to Erase Galaxy S6 data remotely.
Erase Galaxy S6 Data remotely via Android Device Manager
Android device manager is a service provided by Google itself to perform several action on your phone remotely. So if your Samsung Galaxy S6 is lost and you had signed in using your Google/gmail account to download apps from google play store or to access mails. Then you can easily use this method to delete all the content present in your phone. Android Device manager allows you to perform following actions on your phone remotely
- Locate your phone and display it on Google Maps. This service works if your phone is connected to the internet.
- Ring your phone at full volume even if its on Silent.
- Lock your phone with a new password and a message on screen.
- Erase all the content present inside it .
Although this service only deletes the data present in internal storage of your phone. But as Samsung Galaxy S6 does not have external SD card slot. So all of your data will be wiped.
Following are the steps to Erase Galaxy S6 data remotely using Android device manager:
- First of all go to Android Device Manager Site.
- Now login using the same Google/Gmail account that you used on your phone.
- After logging in you will see details of your phone like its model. Its location if its connected to internet if not then it will display last time it was online.
- Under the details you will see all the options that you can perform on your Galaxy S6 remotely.
- Click on Erase. You will see the screen as below.
- Click on erase to confirm.
- Now you don’t have to worry, even if some stranger gets access to your phone. He/she wont be able to see your personal data present inside it.
That’s all. I hope you successfully erased all the data present in your Galaxy S6 remotely. If you don’t remember your Google account details or you were not logged in to your phone using gmail account then you can use the method below to wipe all content from your phone.
Erase Galaxy S6 Data remotely via Samsung Find my Mobile Service.
This service has almost same features, in order to use this service you must have enabled remote controls from the settings of your phone before it was lost or stolen. Although you can use this service to remotely unlock your phone, if you have forgotten the password or lock screen pattern.
Note: In order to make use of this service, you must have Samsung Account on your phone. If you don’t remember email address and password of your Samsung account then you can use their account recovery service to get the details.
Now follow the details below to erase Galaxy S6 data remotely using Samsung Account and Find My Mobile Service:
- First of all go to Samsung Find My Mobile.
- Log in using your Samsung account credentials.
- Once done on the left bar. you will see all the options you can perform on your phone remotely.
- Locate Erase all the data.
- It will give you warning that you will lose all your pictures, videos, texts, calendar events, contacts and Samsung pay details.
- Accept it and that’s it.
That’s all on how to erase Galaxy S6 data remotely via Android device manager or Samsung Find my mobile service. If you have any queries feel free to ask me in the comments. You can also ask me, if you have any confusing in any of the methods mentioned above. If you successfully deleted the data and you are now relaxed and waiting for the replacement to arrive do give us feedback.