Samsung Galaxy S6 is one of the best smartphones of Galaxy series. It was released when Samsung was in dire need of something innovative and catchy to get back their lost customers. Samsung came back with Galaxy S6 by completely revamping the design and looks of their flagship. The new design was loved by the consumers. Even after release of S7. People are not willing to upgrade to S7. They are contented with Galaxy S6. Now lets talk about Galaxy S6 fast charging not working and its solution.
Galaxy S6 fast charging is one of the new and innovative feature that was introduced in Samsung Galaxy S6. It charges your phone quickly in a span of just an hour. Samsung states that you can get 4 hours of use in just 10 minutes of charging. Because of bigger and better displays and powerful processors, charging of smartphones is depleted quickly. Its a great feature if you’re on a go and you have little time to charge your phone.
Samsung Galaxy S6 is magnificent when it comes to looks and it is powerful when it comes to processing. It has Exynos 7 octa 7420 chip along with 3GB RAM. The back camera is of 16 MegaPixels and the front camera of of 5 Megapixels. All in all Galaxy S6 is one hell of a phone and it is perfect for everyday use.
How to Fix Samsung Galaxy S6 Fast Charging:
Now, lets move on how to tackle Galaxy S6 fast charging not working issue. With the Android 6.0.1 upgrade, fast charging is disabled from the settings in most cases. You should first check into the settings if it’s enabled.
Follow the steps below to make sure Galaxy S6 Fast Charging is enabled in the settings:
- First, Open the App Menu.
- Now locate Battery.
- There you will find “Fast Charging Cable” option.
- Activate it.
That’s all. It will enable Galaxy S6 fast charging once again. Remember that rapid charging makes your phone hot.
If fast charging is already enabled and still your phone isn’t charging as a pace then you should try wiping cache partition.
For Wiping Cache Partition to fix Galaxy S6 Fast charging not working issues follow the steps below:
Note: Wiping cache partition of your S6 won’t delete any data present inside your phone. So don’t worry and proceed.
- First of all, turn off your phone.
- Now press volume up + home + power button simultaneously. Keep on holding the buttons till you see Android figure on your screen. This is to enter your phone in recovery mode.
- Now that youre in recovery menu. Use volume buttons to navigate to “Wipe Cache Partition”. Use power button to make selection.
- You will see a message when clearing cache is in process. Do not shut down your phone. It might take some time. Once you see a message Cache Wipe Complete.
- Then use volume buttons to go to “Reboot System Now”.
Note: If Wiping cache partition does not fix Galaxy S6 Fast charging not working issue. Then make backup of your phone from this guide and hard reset it from the recovery menu (same menu from where you wiped cache partition).
That’s all I hope this guide was helpful in fixing Samsung Galaxy S6 fast charging not working problem. If you still have any confusion or question. Ask me in the comments. If this guide helped you, your feedback will be appreciated.
Update: Self Implemented method on how to fix Samsung Galaxy S6 Fast charging Not Working Issue.
This method is bit complex and can be confusing for non tech guys. Who have never tweaked or rooted their phone. It can be risky, if you don’t perform the steps as they are stated below. As it can result in bricking your phone. So proceed with caution. Although Its a working fix, a friend of mine was having same problem and he was complaining that his Galaxy S6 fast charging not working. Flashing stock firmware solved his problem.
Note: Following guide might delete all the data present inside your phone. So it’s better to make a backup of your phone.
Now lets move on to the guide on how to flash stock firmware to fix Samsung Galaxy S6 fast charging not working issue. Following are some prerequisites that you will need to abide and download before moving forward.
- You will need a windows PC to perform this guide.
- Download ODIN v3.10.7 from here on your PC.
- You also need to download Stock Firmware for your S6 from SamMobile and extract it.
- Download Samsung Drivers for Windows. (Link to download file is under the main heading). These drivers are to be installed on your PC, they are essential for your PC to recognise your device properly.
- You will need a computer for this solution.
- Make backup of your data using this guide (optional).
- Enable USB debugging on your phone; Settings-> Select About Phone -> Locate Build number and tap it 7 times. Head back to settings page and locate Developers Options -> Enable USB debugging.
- Settings -> Developer Options -> Enable OEM unlock.
- Your phone should have at least 40% battery.
- Lastly, make sure KIES is off and not running in the background. (Uninstall it)
Important.! Selecting appropriate ROM/firmware for your Galaxy S6 is very important. Installing unsupported firmware on your phone can brick it. Following are some guidelines that you should follow in order to select right firmware for your phone from the link above.
When you will go to Sammobile to download the firmware for your phone consider the following points.
- First of all check CSC and PDA of your phone and match them with CSC and PDA of firmware that you are going to download. (CSC is not that important, but you can check it by dialing *#1234# on your phone. PDA is the build number of your phone. You can see it in Settings -> Device Info.
- Now if you cant find matching PDA firmware. Then look for firmware of your country.
- Remember that. You should never flash a non-branded rom on branded phone (T-mobile, verizon, O2). If your phone is carrier locked. You should download and flash firmware of same carrier with same country. To check if your phone is branded or not. Restart your phone, if your phone is branded you will see logo of the brand.
- If your phone is carrier free (Non-Branded). Then you can download ROM of any country but make sure you download carrier free ROM.
Step to step guide on how to flash stock firmware to fix Galaxy S6 Fast charging:
- FIrst of all, Download and extract ODIN on your PC
- Second step is to install Samsung USB drivers for windows on your PC.
- Turn off your Galaxy S6 and Get it into Download mode: Press Volume Down, Power button and Home Button simultaneously. Keep on holding till you see a warning.
- Once you see the warning, press Volume up button to continue.
- Now connect your phone to your PC using USB data cable.
- Now open ODIN on your windows PC. If ID:COM section is turned into blue then it means that your PC has recognised your phone. If there isn’t any change on ODIN, then make sure you have downloaded and installed Samsung USB drivers on your computer/laptop.
- Click on AP or in some ODIN versions PDA .
- Select the stock ROM you downloaded.
- Lastly, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is checked in the options. Like in the screenshot below.
Once everything is set. Click on Start. ODIN will show logs of what process is currently running. In about 5 minutes. your phone will be flashed will stock Android firmware.
After flashing is done, your phone will reboot. Hope fully fast charging and wireless charging issues of your Samsung Galaxy S6 will be solved and it will be fresh and fast as brand new phone.
Note: If flashing is unsuccessful, Download some other version of ODIN from their official site and try again.
Update: If you are reluctant to flash stock ROM using ODIN to fix Galaxy S6 stuck at Samsung logo. Then use Smart Switch. Its an official software from Samsung and very easy to use. And it does the same job. Watch the tutorial below.
That’s all, if you have any question or query. Feel free to comment below or contact me. I will get back to you as soon as possible. Although the 2nd method to fix Galaxy S6 fast charging not working problem looks complicated and risky. Abide by all the precautions and follow the steps as they are stated then you won’t have any problem and it will take maximum 20 minutes.