Samsung Galaxy J7 is one of the best middle tier smartphone released by Samsung. It has good looks and great specs for a lay man, who uses phone just for using social networking sites, making calls and taking pictures. You can also root Samsung Galaxy J7 Virgin Mobile to tweak your phone and enhance its features. Rooting your phone allows you to explore great number of system tweaks that are not present for every user. Galaxy J7 is perfect phone for the folks who can afford the flagship phones of Samsung.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Virgin Mobile has 13 Megapixels back camera and 5 mega pixels front camera. It has slot for external SD card. J7 has 3000 mAh long lasting battery. Display screen size if of 5.5 inch. Samsung Galaxy J7 is running on 1.4 GHz octa-core processor, along with 2 GB RAM. It has 16 GB internal storage.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy J7 Virgin Mobile [SM-J700P]
In this guide I will cover step by step guide on how to root samsung galaxy J7 virgin mobile. I will be flashing the CF autoroot file using ODIN on your J7 that will get it rooted. Now lets move on to the guide:
- Unlock Bootloader:
- Go to Settings -> About Device -> Tap on Build number for 7 times.
- Now Go back to Settings -> Developer Options -> Turn on OEM Unlocking and USB debugging.
- Make sure your phone is Charged to about 40%.
- Make Backup of your Android phone using this guide. (optional).
- Download CF Autoroot for Samsung Galaxy J7 [J700P].
- From here, download ODIN v3.10.7 from here. or ODIN V3.12.3.(Click on download from browser when the window appears).Download Samsung USB drivers for Windows PC (Link to download the drivers is under the main heading)
Follow the guide below to root Samsung galaxy J7 virgin mobile:
- First of all download the CF Autoroot for J7 and extract it on your PC.
- Now Open ODIN on your PC.
- Turn off your phone.
- When its off put it in Download mode. Press Volume Down + Home + Power button Simultaneously. Leave the button when you see a warning.
- Press volume up button to continue.
- Now open ODIN on your PC.
- Connect phone to your PC using USB data cable. Once you have connected your phone with your PC. ID:COM will turn blue. Its an indication that your phone is connected and recognised by your PC. (If ID:COM doesnot changes color, then make sure you have downloaded the drivers of Samsung phone from above)
- Locate and click on AP or in some ODIN versions PDA . And choose the CF autoroot file that you downloaded and extracted [CF-Auto-Root-j7ltechn-j7ltezm-smj7008.tar.md5].
- Make Sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is checked on the ODIN. Like in the screenshot below:
- Finally, press start. Once Samsung Galaxy J7 is rooted successfully. Your phone will reboot.
When your phone will start up after flashing. It will be rooted. You can check if your phone is rooted or not by downloading Root Checker App from Google play store.
You will also find SuperSu app on your phone. It is an indication that your phone is rooted. If your phone is rooted but you don’t have SuperSu file on your phone. You can download it from Google Play Store.
That’s all, if you have any questions regarding how to root Samsung Galaxy J7 virgin mobile. You can ask me in the comments. Your feedback will be appreciated. If you have any kind of confusion at any step. Feel free to ask me in the comments.