Are you bored from your phone? try rooting your phone to try new exciting apps and much more. Rooting allows you to access features of your phone which are not readily available to every user. It gives you much more freedom to tweak your phone and explore the great features. In this post. I will tell you step by step how to root Xperia Z2 Marshmallow 6.0.1 build 23.5.A.O.575.
Xperia Z2 has two variants (D6502 and D6503). Below guide and the files necessary for rooting are only for D6503. If you want to root D6503 then use the appropriate files for that model.
ROOT XPERIA Z2 Marshmallow 6.0.1 build 23.5.A.O.575
Make sure that your D6503 is rooted in early version and recovery is installed on it. You will face boot loop issue on your phone in order to solve it. you will have to flash two files one after another.
- Make sure your phone is charged.
- You should have TWRP installed on your Xperia Z2.
- Make NANDROID backup of your phone. Or simple backup of your data including pictures and contacts.
Download the Following files:
Files for D6503 Build 23.5.a.o.575:
Step to step guide on how to root Xperia Z2 Marshmallow 6.0.1 build 23.5.A.O.575.
I assume that you you have downloaded the above files and your xperia z2 is rooted in its previous version. That’s why you have TWRP installed in it. If it is not, then you will have to first flash TWRP on your Z2. Also know that after flashing the rooting file for this build. You are likely to face bootloop issue. Thats why you have to flash bootloop fix as well.
- First of all, place the above downloaded two files on your phone’s external storage card.
- No reboot into TWRP recovery using the button combination.
- On TWRP; Go to Install and select the Flashable Zip for D6502 and swipe right to flash it.
- Now using the same procedure. Flash the Bootloop fix file.
- Lastly, when the above flashing is done. Wipe Cache.
- Then wipe Dalvik cache from TWRP and then reboot your phone.
That’s all. Now your Xperia Z2 is rooted. This guide is not so comprehensive as I have assumed you are familiar with rooting and flashing process. If you need more help or details regarding the guide above on how to root Xperia Z2 Marshmallow 6.0.1. Feel free to comment below or contact us through the form. Till then keep rooting and tweaking your phone to explore new features. In conclusion, I would like to say if you have any query, you can ask me. I will get back to you as soon as possible.