Every messaging app has its own method of backing up the messages but we find it difficult to back up our text messages. Well, you can create backup of your text messages easily from your Android device to your Gmail Account. We all went through the situation of deleting a complete thread of sms while just trying to delete a single sms. Then we wished to had our backup so that we could restore the deleted thread. To avoid this situation in future, you can create backup of your text messages to Gmail Account. Backing up your text messages will also be beneficial when you switch from one Android device to another.
Create backup of your text messages
- First of all, login to your Gmail account. After that, go to ‘Settings’. From there, navigate to ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’.
- Here, check the IMAP status. If it is disabled then check ‘Enable IMAP’. Now, scroll down to the bottom and Save the changes you have made.
- Now, download SMS Backup+ from Google Play Store.
- Once the app has been installed, open it. The first thing you have to do is to connect your Gmail account. For that, tap on ‘Connect’. Select the gmail account from a popup window.
- A small window will pop up asking for start backing up immediately or skip for now. Select ‘Backup’.
- Now, it will take some time to complete the backup depending on how many messages you have.
Thats it. You can go to Gmail and check for backed up text messages. When you logged in to your Gmail account, you will see a new label named ‘SMS’. Click on it and there you will see a list of all your sms threads. Now, if you accidentally deletes a single message or a complete thread, then you don’t need to worry. You have a complete backup and can restore any time.
- To turn on the automatic backup feature, go to the main screen of SMS Backup+ app. Tap on ‘Auto backup’ to enable it.
- Now, go to ‘Auto backup settings’ for some advanced settings. You can change the default settings and configure the settings that suits you best. We recommend you to enable ‘Require Wifi’ and regular schedule to ‘24h’.
You can go to Advanced settings from the main menu and configure your own settings. You can also select some specific conversations to restore in ‘Restore settings’. It will restore only the selected conversations instead of complete backup.
If you have any query regarding how to create backup of your text messages to your Gmail account then ket us know.