Lost your Phone? See the guide below on how to erase, ring or locate lost Honor 8 remotely.
Huawei recently released a new smartphone named as Honor 8. It has everything to make it stand next to the top smartphones of this year. It has top notch specs and elegant body. Look and feel of honor 8 is amazing. The body of honor 8 is said to have 15 layers glass. Honor 8 has two 12 megapixel lens on the backside. It give you vivid pictures. One lens allows you to capture colours and other monochrome lens gives light and sharpness to pictures. It also has 8 megapixel front facing camera. It is said to have fastest fingerprint scanner on the back. Touching on the fingerprint scanner unlocks the phone in less than a second. Honor 8 also supports NFC.
Honor 8 is powered is by octa-core CPU in which 4 processors are loced at 2.3Ghz and 4 are locked at 1.8Ghz. To support processing there is 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM. It has a 5.2 inch FHD display. Its running on EMUI 4.1 that is based on Android 6.0.
Locate lost Honor 8 Remotely
If you have lost your honor 8. I have a tip that can help you locate lost honor 8 remotely. There is an Android based service named as Android device manager. It allows you to access your phone remotely. All you need is internet connection and laptop or some other smartphone. Android device manager has number of features that can be performed on your lost phone. Following are the details of its features that can help you to locate lost Honor 8:
- Locate: Using Android device manager. You can locate your phone and see its location on Google Maps.
- Erase: If you are certain that your phone is gone and its never coming back. You dont want someone to access the data present inside it. Then using the Erase feature you can completely wipe your phone and all its content. Only the data present in internal storage will be deleted.
- Ring: If your phone is silent and you can find it. But you are sure its somewhere around. You can use the Ring feature of Android device manager. It will ring your phone on maximum volume for 5 minutes even if its on silent. So if you left your phone at office or its at home. You dont have to pull off the sofas.
- Lock: If you left your phone somewhere and you are hopeful that you might get it back or someone will come across it and return it to you. There is a feature to lock your phone so that no one can access the content inside it. But whoever finds your phone will be able to contact you. You can display a custom message on your phone with your phone number using this feature.
How to Locate lost Honor 8 using Android device manager:
In order to access your honor 8 remotely. You will need your gmail email address and password that you used to set up your phone. The same email address that you used to download apps from the google play store.
Follow the steps below to locate lost Honor 8:
- First of all, open Android device manager on your phone, laptop or PC.
- Now login using the same email that you used on your lost phone.
- Now you will see all the possible options that can be performed on your phone to locate it.
- If your phone is online and connected to internet and its location services are on. Then you will see its location on Google map. If not, then you will see the time it was last online.
I hope this guide helps you to locate lost honor 8. If you have any questions or queries regarding the guide above. Feel free to contact me or drop a comment. If you were successful in locating your lost phone. Do let me know. If you know some other method that can help to locate lost phone, share the method with us in the comments.