Google released all new Pixel and Pixel XL last month. It is said to be one of the best Android smartphone of 2016. It camera quality has got highest result in a reputable bench-marking tool. Pixel and Pixel XL look great and they are very comfortable to hold in hand because of their design. If you have lost your Pixel and you are looking for ways to find it. In this guide I will tell you a trick which can help you to track and locate lost Google Pixel.
Google Pixel has optimal display size of 5 inch whereas Pixel XL is of 5.5 inch. Both devices have premium build quality with aerospace grade aluminum uni-body. They are equipped with 4GB LPDDR4 RAM and Snapdragon 821. Back camera is of 12.3 megapixel and front camera is of 8 Megapixel. On the bottom side both phones support USB type-C. Both phones are running on latest Android operating system that is Android 7.1 Nougat.
Locate Lost Google Pixel Remotely:
If you have lost your phone. You can make use of Android device manager to track and locate lost Google Pixel. Android device manager offers number of services that can be used to remotely on your phone. All you need is internet connection and some other smartphone or you can locate your phone using a PC. First lets have a look at the features it has got to offer.
- Ring: If you are certain your phone is present inside home or office. Its on silent so you can ring it and find it. Use this feature to make it ring on its highest volume.
- Locate: You can see exact location of your phone on google maps using this service. It has limitations. Your phone must be connected to internet and your lost Google Pixel must have its location services on.
- Lock: If you have forget your phone somewhere and you have hopes that someone might find it and try to contact you. Use this feature to lock down your phone and display a custom message on its screen along with your contact number.
- Erase: If you are certain that you will never get your phone back and you have lost every hope to see it back ever again. Use this feature to completely wipe all the data present inside it. After erasing your phone. You wont be able to access it via Android device manager.
Following are the steps to track and locate lost Google Pixel:
This method works but it has some limitations, like if your phone isint connected to internet. You won’t be able to access its location or track it. To be able to track and locate lost Google pixel. You need to have access to your Google/gmail account that you used on your phone for Google Play Store. The same email which you entered when you first opened your phone.
- First of all go to Android Device Manager website or download it on your iOS or Android device from their respective app stores.
- Now login using your Gmail email and password.
- Now select your phone. Which in this case is Google Pixel or Pixel XL.
- You will see location of your phone on Google Maps. Along with it you will see different options like lock, erase and ring.
That’s all. If you know some other method to locate lost Google Pixel do share with us. If you have any issues or questions regarding the above guide. Let me know in the comments. If you were able to get back your Google Pixel or Pixel XL using the guide above. Do share your story with us. Stay safe and take good care of your phone. We only realise their importance once we have lost them.