In the guide below, I have discussed Galaxy S7 dm verity verification failed error solution. This solution can also be used for Samsung Galaxy S6 or any other Galaxy series phone.
Samsung Galaxy S7 is one of the finest phone of 2016. Even after release of so many phones with better specs and operating system. People dont want to change their S7. They are completely content with it. Galaxy S7 is best in everything. From looks to hardware and specs. Everything is optimal. It has great camera quality and great processing power. There are two versions of Samsung Galaxy S7. International model is equipped with Samsung’s own Exynos 8890 processor. Whereas USA model is equipped with snapdragon 820. Both models have 4 GB of RAM.
Currently Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge are running on Android Marshmallow. But soon they will be getting Android Nougat update. As Samsung has started a Galaxy Beta programme. Where they are testing Android Nougat, so that they can release a bug free version to their users. Users of Galaxy S7 and S7 edge can opt for testing program here.
Update: Beta testing has ended, now you can install Android Nougat on your Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge using this guide
Galaxy S7 dm verity Verification Failed Fix
I got this dm verity verification failed error after i tried to unroot my phone via SuperSU. I should have flashed the stock firmware instead. Well I opted for completely unroot option that is present inside the app. It didn’t go well. My phone rebooted and next thing you see is; Phone is in recovery menu and at the bottom in red fonts it was written on S7 dm verity verification failed.
After spending some time on internet, I figured out its not a uncommon problem. Its solution is also simple. But you will lose all your data most probably. Losing data is still better than dead phone. All you have to do is to flash stock firmware via ODIN to get your phone back to normal. As its just a firmware/software error and can be fixed easily. In the following method. We will be flashing stock ROM on Galaxy S7 via odin. You can perform same process using Smart Switch. Which will be convenient if you haven’t used ODIN before.
How to flash stock firmware on Galaxy S7 dm verity verification error solution:
Now lets move on to the guide. Its easy, if you have any confusion or hesitation at any step. Feel free to ask me in the comments.
- Download ODIN V3.12.3. (Click on download through browser when the window opens).
- From here Download Stock Firmware for your S7 from SamMobile.
- Download Samsung Drivers for Windows. (Link to download file is under the main heading). These drivers are to be installed on your PC, they are essential for your PC to recognise your device properly.
- You will need a computer for this solution.
- It might delete all the data present in your phone. So its better to backup using this guide.
Important! : Before Moving forward please make sure KIES is not running on your PC or is not present in the system taskbar tray.
Make sure you have got the right ROM according to your phone model and country. If you phone is carrier unlocked and it is not branded, you can use any carrier free (unbranded) ROM from the link above. Now how to check if your phone is branded or not. If logo or any carrier appears when you start your phone then its branded, if only Samsung logo appears when you reboot your phone then it’s clean. Most important thing is that you make sure that you don’t flash unbranded ROM on branded phone and vice versa.
Now lets move on to the guide on how to flash stock ROM (Solution of Galaxy S7 dm verity verification failed error):
- First of all, download and extract ODIN on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers for windows on your PC.
- Download the right ROM for your phone and extract it on your desktop or anywhere
- Extract the .zip file to get .tar or .tar.md5 file.
- Now turn off your Galaxy S7.
- Get your phone into Download mode:
- Press Power button,Volume Down and Home Button simultaneously.
- Keep on holding buttons till you see a warning.
- Press Volume up button to continue.
- Now open ODIN on your laptop or PC.
- Connect your Galaxy S7 with your PC via data cable. The ID:COM section on ODIN will turn blue, like in the screenshot below. Its an indication that the PC has recognised your device.
- Click on AP on ODIN.
- After that, locate and select the stock firmware you downloaded for Galaxy S7.
- If the firmware you downloaded extracts more than one file, then select the corresponding section according to file type: BL belongs to Bootloader, AP belongs to PDA, CP belongs to Phone(Modem) and CSC file in CSC tab. ( Mostly you just need to select AP/PDA file like in the screenshot above)
- Make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is checked in the options. DO NOT CHECK REPARTITION.
- Click on Start.
- Now, wait for 4-5 minutes. Don’t disconnect your Galaxy S7 from your PC while ODIN is flashing because it can brick your phone. Wait even if it takes time.
- Finally, when the flashing will complete your S7 phone will reboot.
Once your phone is rebooted. It will be running on factory settings. It wont get stuck on Samsung logo or it wont give dm-verity verification failed error. Furthermore, Your phone might take some time at first boot.
If you have any questions regarding above guide on how to flash stock firmware on Galaxy S7. Which also serves as Galaxy S7 dm verity verification failed error solution. Do ask us in the comments. If you have some other solution for this problem. Please share with us.