Samsung Galaxy J7 falls in the range of middle tier smartphones. They are low in price with moderate features and specs. J7 model was introduced in 2015. Today I will help you fix Samsung Galaxy J7 stuck at Samsung Logo.
There can be many reasons for Galaxy J7 getting stuck in bootloop. Mostly it is because the firmware gets corrupt. The latest model of Galaxy J7 was introduced in 2016. It supports 5.5 inch display picture. Along with 3000 mAh battery. It is running in Android Marshmallow and the camera is of 13 megapixels. J7 series also support external SD-card. A new version of Samsung J7 is expected sometime this year.
Fix Samsung Galaxy J7 Stuck at Samsung Logo
If your Galaxy J7 stuck at samsung logo. It is because the phone can not load the firmware. You can fix it by flashing new firmware using ODIN.
In this guide, I will explain step by step how can you fix Galaxy J7 stuck at samsung logo or bootloop.
- Download ODIN v3.10.7 from here. (Click on download from browser when the window appears).
- Download Firmware for you Galaxy J7 from SamMobile. And extract it on your PC.
- Download Samsung Drivers for Windows. (Link to download file is under the main heading). These drivers are to be installed on your PC, they are essential for your PC to recognise your device.
- You will need a computer for this solution.
Selecting the right ROM is very important. If your phone is carrier unlocked and it does not have any carrier branding then you can download ROM of any country that is not branded. To check branding see if logo of some carrier (like verizon or T-Mobile) appears when you reboot your phone. If your phone is not branded then you can flash ROM of any country which is not carrier specific. Make sure you don’t flash unbranded ROM on branded phone. Although, it is recommended to find the exactly same ROM as the one that was installed on your phone before it got bricked. If you found exactly the same ROM as the one installed in your Galaxy J7. Your data wont be deleted.
Follow the below steps to install firmware to fix Galaxy J7 stuck at Samsung Logo:
- Download ODIN on your PC.
- Install Samsung USB drivers for windows on your PC or laptop.
- Now turn off your Galaxy J7
- Get it into Download mode.
- Press Volume Down, Power button and Home Button simultaneously. Keep on holding till you see a warning.
- Press Volume up button to continue.
- Now open ODIN on your windows PC.
- Connect your phone to your PC using USB data cable. ID:COM will turn blue, its an indication that your phone is connected and recognised by your PC. If your phone is not recognised. Make sure you have installed proper Samsung drivers on your computer.
- Click on AP or in some ODIN versions PDA .
- Select the stock ROM with (.MD5 file extension) you downloaded from Sammobile.
- Make sure Only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is checked in the options. Like in the screenshot below.
That’s it. Click on Start and wait for 10 minutes. Now ODIN will flash Stock ROM on your Galaxy S6. Thats how to fix Galaxy J7 stuck at Samsung logo. Your phone will reboot on its own after the flashing.
Note: If the ROM you downloaded extracts more than one file then follow the three additional steps below:
- Put the BL file in BL tab.
- Select CP tab and select the CP file in it.
- Select CSC tab and select HOME_CSC file in it.
If the flashing is unsuccessful. Try again using some other version of ODIN.
That’s all. If you have any questions feel free to ask me in the comments. You can also discuss any confusion regarding the guide above on how to fix Samsung galaxy J7 stuck at Samsung logo in the comments below. Do share with us if you fixed your phone using this guide.