Samsung Galaxy S8 stands as one of the best smartphone of this year. It was the first phone to introduce no physical button and almost bezel less screen. There came many phones after Galaxy S8, with bezel less screen and distinct features, but no one comes close to Galaxy S8. It is of optimum size, very easy to use and hold using one hand. The build quality and design makes it peerless. Talking about the software, Samsung has managed to removed much of bloatware from its operating system. With great power comes some problems as well. Sometimes while updating S8, there comes as error “Galaxy S8 Software Update Failed”. Today we will talk about its fix
Galaxy S8 comes in 6 colors. It has 5.8 Inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display screen. It has an amazing camera which takes fabulous pictures. Galaxy S8 and S8+ have expandable storage and they are running on Android Nougat. In few months Android Oreo update is expected for Galaxy smartphones including Galaxy S8.
Fix Galaxy S8 Software Update Failed Error:
Well, if you are not even getting the OTA update of software. Your phone might be rooted, you can download root checker app from Google Play Store to check if your phone is rooted or your firmware has been changed or its original.
If you have official firmware and everything is fine still you are unable to install or download Software update on Galaxy S8 then there might be following issues:
- There is some problem with your internet connection. (Most common error). Mostly it is the slow speed or constantly disconnecting internet that makes hurdles for the software update to be downloaded on your phone.
- Make sure there is enough space on your phone for the software update to be downloaded.
- There might be some system cache or apps that are not letting your phone download the software update on Galaxy S8.
Now lets talk about the solution of Galaxy S8 Software Update Failed:
The self implemented method to fix this error is by clearing cache partition of Samsung Galaxy S8 from recovery menu. Cache laoads up into the system and it prevents system from performing its actions. Clearing cache doesnot deletes any data present in your phone. So dont worry.
Follow the steps below to clear cache partition in order to fix Galaxy S8 Software Update failed error:
- Turn off your Galaxy S8 or S8+.
- Press and hold Volume up, Home and Power Button till you see Android figure in the background.
- Now you will be in Recovery menu of your phone.
- Use volume keys to navigate to Wipe Cache Partition.
- Use power button to select the option.
- It might take some time to wipe cache partition of S8. You will get feedback on the bottom of screen when it will be done. Dont power off or restart your phone while cache partition is being wiped.
- Now select the option “Reboot System Now”
That is all, go to settings then software update and try to download and install the update on your Galaxy S8. If clearing cache doesn’t works then use this guide to backup all of your data and then factory reset your phone and then try again.
If you have any questions regarding this guide feel free to ask me in the comments. Although the process is easy but it works each time whenever the phone is behaving in unorthodox way. I hope this guide helped you fix Galaxy S8 software update failed error and now you can wait for the Android Oreo update on your phone.