Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is the latest smartphone in the Galaxy S series. The S22 stands as one of the most fashionable and exquisite Android phones of 2022. Sometimes, while updating S22 Ultra, you might come across this common error “Galaxy S22 Ultra Update Failed”. In this guide, I will tell you how to fix this error.
Galaxy S22 Ultra has a 6.8-inch edge Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O display with a 120 Hz refresh rate. The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra has four rear cameras on the back with different MPs and apertures and a front selfie camera with 10 MP and f/2.2 aperture. Galaxy S22 Ultra Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 paired with 12 GB RAM. S22 Ultra is also supported with S Pen. It is available in Burgundy, Green, Phantom Black, and Phantom White. Now, let’s move toward the main topic.
Fix Galaxy S22 Ultra Software Update Failed Error:
This error might occur while downloading the latest firmware via OTA. This error also occurs when the update file is downloaded, and the phone is trying to extract it, but the downloaded firmware is not downloaded properly or is corrupted. Hence, the phone reboots and gives the error.
Causes of Galaxy S22 Ultra Software Update Failure:
If you have official firmware but you are unable to install the software update on Galaxy S22 Ultra, then there might be the following issues:
- First, you need to make sure you have a good internet connection. The internet connection should be reliable.
- Secondly, your phone should be charged so it doesn’t shut down while installing the firmware.
- If your phone is not getting an OTA update, then your phone might be rooted. Download the root checker app from Google Play Store to check if your phone is rooted or unrooted. This will help you to get rid of the error “No Software update is available for your device.”
Solution for Galaxy S22 Ultra Software Update Failed:
The solution for the software update failure on the Samsung Galaxy S22 ultra is wiping the cache partition. Wiping the cache does not delete any data from your phone.
Follow the steps to wipe the cache partition:
- First of all, you need to turn off your Galaxy S22 Ultra.
- Press and hold the Volume up, power, and home/Bixby Button until the Android logo appears.
- Now, you will be in Recovery mode.
- Now use the volume buttons to navigate to Wipe Cache Partition
- It might take some time to wipe the cache data.
- Once your phone’s cache is removed, you will see a log entry at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, select the Reboot System Now option.
Wiping the cache will help you to get rid of the Galaxy S22 Ultra update failed error.
If wiping cache data doesn’t work, back up your data and factory reset your phone. Once you factory reset your phone, try installing the software update again.
Galaxy S22 Ultra Update failure can also be fixed by using the Smart Switch:
Smart Switch can also download the latest firmware on your phone.
- Download Smart Switch on your PC.
- Now, connect your phone to your PC.
- Once your phone is connected to the PC via Smartswitch, you will see an option to install the latest firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.
- The firmware is downloaded on your computer and then installed on your Galaxy S22 Ultra.
This is the best way to avoid the Galaxy S22 Ultra update failed error.
Hopefully, this guide will help you to fix the Galaxy S22 Ultra Software update failed error. If you have any queries or questions, feel free to comment below.