Two hundred one channels and 14000+ movies, sports, and TV shows are quite a big deal to unlock. The power of VPN has taken over the world, and everyone benefits from it. The restrictions of regions don’t apply anymore. So you can watch UK-exclusive shows while chilling in your apartment in South Asia.
VPN is a Virtual Private Network that allows you to change the address of your device. It is like changing your position to any other country in the world. VPNs are used worldwide to access blocked websites and for other purposes.
So, there is a variety of Smart TVs in the market, and it isn’t child’s play to install a VPN on all of them. Some Smart TVs allow you to access the app store and download a VPN. But, at the same time, others come with pre-approved apps and don’t allow you to access or download a VPN.
However, we are here to solve the problem for you. We will tell you how you can download a VPN and connect it to your Smart TV to enjoy your favorite channels and shows without restrictions.
By using a VPN, you can potentially unblock all your favorite channels and streaming platforms. Region-specific shows are also accessible now. If you love the UK Netflix TV shows, you have every right to watch them outside the UK.
This problem is easily eradicated by using a VPN. However, using a VPN with a Smart TV is not as straightforward as using it on a cell phone or a laptop. Some Smart TVs may not allow you to access the Google Play Store. You won’t be able to download any VPN in this case.
There is nothing to worry about as we discuss how you can connect your Smart TV with a VPN in all the possible scenarios.
If the TV has Access to the Google Play Store
This is the most straightforward scenario for TV users. If your Smart TV gives you access to the Google Play Store and allows you to install new apps, you can follow the steps mentioned below to unlock your favorite channels and streaming platforms.
The steps are:
- Purchase the subscription to a suitable VPN.
- Then, search for the VPN in the Google Play Store and install it.
- After installation, open it and select a region to enjoy your favorite shows.
The problem arises when the Smart TV doesn’t allow access to the Google Play Store or doesn’t allow downloading a VPN. The problem is that you can not install any app on the Smart TV without accessing the Google Play Store.
Let us look at how you can unlock your favorite sports channels and movies if your TV doesn’t give you access to the Google Play Store.
Smart TV with No Access to Play Store
In this case, try the following methods:
Ethernet to Share VPN Connection
Using Ethernet to share a VPN connection is not the best way, but it is ideal if you want to watch something banned in your region once in a blue moon.
Steps to setup your Smart TV to watch TV Shows with VPN:
- On your PC, go to “Network and Internet Settings.”
- Open “Change Adapter Options.”
- This is a list of your connections. Find the one with your VPN’s name and the word “TAP.”
- Right-click and open the properties of that connection.
- Check “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection” in the “Sharing.”
- Select “Ethernet” from the list and connect the VPN on your PC.
- Connect the Smart TV with your PC via an Ethernet cable, and your TV should automatically be connected to the VPN.
One of the most common questions is, “What is the right method to get your hands on special shows”? And we always reply with this article as you can easily unblock 201 channels and 14000+ movies to get your hands on the special shows!
Sharing Connection Via Mobile Hotspot
The process is to turn on the mobile hotspot from your PC. After that:
- Click “Change Adapter Options.”
- Find the one with your VPN’s name and the word “TAP.” Right-click and open the properties of that connection.
- Go to Properties🡪 Sharing and click “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.”
- Connect the hotspot with your TV.
- Connect a VPN with your PC, and the TV should automatically connect to the VPN.
Alternate: Install VPN on the Router
This can be a risky process as you don’t know if your hardware supports VPN. It may also require additional accessories and stuff. It is better to buy a pre-made VPN router that makes the job much easier. Also, it is straightforward to configure them.
There are routers available on the market that can support VPNs.
Mistakes to Avoid
- Don’t try to run Android apps without knowing whether your TV can install the apps or not.
- Don’t try to experiment with the router. You may end up damaging the router and bringing an additional expense to yourself.
- If you are confused, feel free to ask queries. However, make sure you know what you are doing before making a final decision.
VPN allows you to unlock your favorite channels, sports, and TV shows. We have explained how you can set up a VPN with your Smart TV depending on whether it allows you to install new apps. We hope this guide will enable you to stream your favorite shows to the fullest! Happy chilling!