Samsung Galaxy S8 is one of the most famous smartphone of Galaxy Series. The design makes it stand out among all of its peers. With S8 and S8+ Samsung came up with a totally redesigned look that took the markets by storm. It is one of the best selling phone of Samsung. Even after the release of S9 and S9+, people are contented with their S8 and they don’t see a reason to upgrade. While using S8, you might have come across this error Samsung Galaxy S8 not Recognized by Windows PC. Today we will deal with its solution.
While trying to connect your S8 with PC using a data cable. Sometimes your Windows PC is unable to recognize your device. This error arises when you don’t have proper Samsung drivers for Windows on your Laptop or PC. You see an error in the bottom left corner of your screen “USB device not recognized – one of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it”
This error leads to inaccessibility of your Galaxy S8 data like pictures and videos on your computer. There is a number of methods that can cause this problem. We will deal with all its possible solutions.
Samsung Galaxy S8 not Recognized on Windows PC? Here is how you can solve this issue:
The most common issue is the unavailability of Samsung drivers for Windows PC on your computer. This leads to S8 not recognized on Windows PC error.
- Just navigate to this link, download Samsung USB drivers for Windows PC and install them on your computer.
- Once the installation is done. Remove USB data cable from your PC and connect it again.
- Make sure you are using the original USB data cable to connect your S8 or S8+ to your PC.
- The problem can also be in the USB port of your PC. Try connecting to some other USB port.
- Or it can be the data cable that is not working properly. Try with some other data cable to connect your device. Or while your device is connected to the PC with a data cable. Hold your phone and move the cable to different angles. You will hear a sound on your PC when the connection is established between S8 and computer.
- Try resetting your device, maybe there is some issue in the PC or your phone that is not letting the connection to establish.
- After connecting your device, you should see a notification in the notification panel. Drag it down and change the connection type to MTP (Data Transfer).
- Sometimes it is the firewall or Antivirus that does not allow a connection with an external device. Turn off your Antivirus and try again.
If nothing seems to work then move on to the method two below.
Method two on how to solve Galaxy S8 not recognized by Windows PC by clearing the cache of S8:
If you have tried all of the solutions above and still no luck then proceed with clearing cache of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+.
Follow the steps below to clear cache partition of your S8 from the recovery menu in order to solve Galaxy S8 not recognized on PC error:
- Turn off Samsung Galaxy S8
- Press and hold Bixby + Power and Volume up Buttons.
- Leave the power button when phone turns on.
- Keep on holding other two buttons until you see a blue screen with an Android figure in the background.
- In the recovery menu, use volume buttons to navigate to wipe cache partition of your system. Clearing cache won’t delete any data present on your phone
- Use power button to select this option and confirm clearing of cache.
- Once you have cleared the cache of your S8. Select “reboot system” option.
Now your Galaxy S8 will reboot. Try connecting your phone to the computer with USB cable. Hopefully, you won’t get “Galaxy S8 not recognized by PC error”.
If you have any questions or confusion regarding the guide above. Feel free to ask me in the comments. You can also give us your input if you have any other methods to fix Galaxy S8 not recognized on Windows PC error. Do give us feedback if this guide worked for you.