In the past years, YouTube Vanced was the most famous app for using YouTube without ads, and it also allowed users to listen to YouTube videos in the background as a music app. It was supported by a group of developers who would introduce new cool features every other week. All these features made YouTube vanced very famous among Android phone users. Last year, YouTube Vanced was shut down because of some legal issues with Google. To fill up the gap, a new app was introduced in the market, and it is called YouTube Revanced. It allows users to watch YouTube videos without ads and adapt all cool features without having to root an Android phone. In this guide, we will talk about how to install YouTube Revanced on Android phones.
YouTube Revanced is a modified version of the official YouTube app that provides users with a range of enhanced features. It offers ad-blocking functionality, allowing seamless video playback without interruptions from ads. Additionally, users can enjoy background playback, enabling audio to continue even when the app is minimized or the screen is off. YouTube Vanced also provides customization options, including different themes like dark mode for reduced eye strain and an overall improved viewing experience. Users can override video resolutions and force videos into landscape mode, offering greater control over their content consumption.
Pre-requisites to Install YouTube Revanced on Android Phone:
There are some prerequisites that you would need to install on your phone in order to install YouTube Revanced on your unrooted phone.
- First of all, you need to download and install MicroG. It is necessary if your phone is unrooted and you want to log in to your YouTube account on the YouTube Revanced app. If you already have MicroG installed on your phone, you don’t need to install it again.
- Secondly, download the Revanced Manager. It is the software that we would use to patch the YouTube file, so it does not show ads or can be used in the background. Open the link and navigate to the bottom of the repository, where you can see the latest APK file named as revanced-manager with APK as the file extension.
- Lastly, you will need the latest YouTube App APK that you want to patch. Or you can download and install the latest one that is recommended in the Revanced Manager App.
Once you have downloaded the apps from above, install the MicroG and Revanced Manager, but don’t install the YouTube App on your phone yet.
You might get some notifications that these apps are external and might be harmful to your Android phone, whether its Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel, OnePlus or any other. You can ignore the warning as our download sources are pretty secure and risk-free.
Guide on how to install YouTube Revanced:
Once you have downloaded and installed MicroG and Revanced Manager on your Phone and downloaded the YouTube App on your phone, move on to the guide below.
- First of all, open the revanced manager and navigate to the “Patcher” section, then tap on “Select an application.”
- Proceed to choose “Storage”, located in the lower right corner. It’s possible that you might be prompted to grant ReVanced Manager access to your storage; if so, respond affirmatively.
- Next, select the YouTube APK that you previously downloaded.
- Click on “Selected patches” and then opt for “Default” or “Recommended” to select the recommended patches. Depending on your preferences, you can toggle patches on or off to customize features.
- Once adjustments are finalized, tap “Done” and, subsequently, press “Patch.”
- Allow some time for YouTube ReVanced to complete its building process.
- Once finished, initiate the installation. It’s probable that you might encounter a notification indicating that the app installation has been hindered by Play Protect. This is a normal occurrence as the app is sourced externally and not from the Play Store. You can dismiss the prompt and proceed by selecting “More details” followed by “Install anyway” to finalize the installation.
- In case these steps aren’t successful and the bottom right corner now displays “Open” access the three dots situated at the top right and choose “Export APK.”
- Save the file, then utilize your preferred file browser app to locate and install it. The file will likely be named something like “youtube-revanced-version number apk”
- Launch YouTube ReVanced and log in to your YouTube account.
- Your setup is now complete.
Encountering issues with the building or installing ReVanced YouTube?
If you’re facing challenges in installing ReVance? First of all, check if the Revanced Manager is up to date. Open Revacned Manager and Click on the “Update” Button. Give it the necessary permission to update.
If the problem persists, consider initiating a fresh start. You can accomplish this by removing the following apps:
- ReVanced Manager
- YouTube ReVanced
Optionally, you can also deactivate or uninstall the standard YouTube app. After uninstalling the above apps, revisit the guide and begin the process anew.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the guide above, feel free to reach out to us or drop a comment below.