You might have noticed that there is no option to log out from Facebook messenger on the iPhone and iPad running on iOS 15. You cant just tap on a button to log out. This guide works to log out on Facebook messenger app on iPhones and iPads running on iOS 15 and prior.
The Facebook app is designed in a way that neither supports sending of messages nor receiving. Although, the app shows that the user is online but you can’t send or receive messages via the main app unless you have a Facebook messenger app.
There is no way to send messages to your friends on Facebook unless you install the Facebook messenger iPhone app. Once you get the messenger app, you will notice there is no option to log out from the Facebook messenger app. To get over this issue people are using third-party Facebook apps, those apps are user-friendly, unlike the official apps.
How to Log out from Facebook Messenger iPhone App:
Well, if you ask me how I found this trick, I was looking for a way to log out from the Facebook messenger iPhone app to appear offline. There are times when you don’t want people to bug you. Although the messenger app has an option to disable the chat option, it doesn’t work efficiently. Even if you disable the option, you can still be seen active on Facebook and that is really annoying.
Now moving on to the trick that will allow you to log out of the Facebook messenger iPhone app.
Following are the steps to log out along with screenshots for your better understanding:
- First of all, open your Facebook app (not the messenger app). Now on the bottom right corner, you would see a burger menu (3 horizontal lines).
- Now on the top right corner, you will see the Settings icon (a gear icon)
- Under Account, you will see “Password and Security“.
- There you will see a heading “Where you are logged in” tap on See all.
- In this menu, you will see all the devices and locations from where your account has been logged in from.
- You’ll see an active session named “Messenger for iOS”.
- Click on the three dots next to it and tap on Log out.
Now you will be logged out of Messenger App for Facebook on iPhone.
If you have multiple accounts running on your Facebook Messenger you can log out with following steps:
If you have multiple Facebook accounts on your Facebook Messenger app. You can easily log out of Facebook messenger on iPhone by following the steps below:
- First of all, go to your account by selecting the small icon with your display picture in the top left corner.
- Then tap on Switch Accounts.
- Now swipe left on the account you want to remove.
- Now you will see a “Remove” option in red colour.
- Tap on it and your account will be removed from Facebook messenger and you will be logged out.
Facebook stands as one of the most famous social networks of this era. It is really weird that they have not given a simple prompt option to log out from Facebook Messenger iPhone app running on iOS 15 or prior versions.
Facebook was established back in 2004. It was made for people to share their views and ideas on a common platform. Facebook is now used to stay connected with friends and family, express what matters to them and share their views. Facebook was created by Mark Zuckerberg and Edward Saverin, they both were college students at that time. First, it was just created for Harvard, soon it expanded to other colleges and now almost everyone is on Facebook. Since then it has become one of the most successful businesses in the world.
That’s all, It’s just a trick, but it allows you to log out from the Facebook Messenger iPhone app. Let us know if you have any issues in any of the above steps. If you have other tricks and suggestions, you can share them with us in the comments. If you have any issues or confusion regarding Facebook, you can contact their customer support.