You might have noticed that there is no option to logout from facebook messenger in the iPhone and iPad running on iOS 13. The facebook app is designed in a way that it neither supports sending of messages nor receiving. Although, the app shows that the user is online but you can’t send or receive messages via the main app unless you have facebook messenger app. This guide works to log out on facebook messenger app on iPhones and iPads running on iOS 11.3 and prior.
There is no way to send messages to your friends on facebook unless you install the facebook messenger iPhone app. And once you get the messenger app, you will notice there is no option to log out from facebook messenger app. To get over this issue people are using third-party Facebook apps, those apps are user-friendly unlike the official apps of facebook.
How to Logout from Facebook Messenger iPhone App:
Well, if you ask me how I found this trick, so I was looking for a way to log out from facebook messenger iPhone app to appear offline. There are times when you don’t want people to bug you. Although the messenger app has an option to disable the chat option, it doesn’t work efficiently. Even if you disable the option, you can still be seen active on Facebook and that is really annoying.
Now moving on the trick that will allow you to log out of facebook messenger iPhone app.
Following are the steps to logout from facebook messenger iPhone along with screenshots for your better understanding:
- First of all, open your Facebook app (not the messenger app). Now tap on more or in some versions there are just 3 horizontal lines, it’s present on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Now tap on Settings, you will see a pop up that will have three options.
- Select“Account Settings” from the settings.
- In this menu, select “Security Settings”.
- In the Security settings, which are as follows, select the option “Where you’re logged in”.
- In this menu, you will see all the devices and locations from where your account has been logged in from.
- You’ll see an active session named “Facebook Messenger on iOS”.
- Kill that active session and you will be logged out of your iPhone’s Facebook Messenger App.
Guide for iOS Devices running on iOS 12 and above:
From 27th November 2019, you can easily log out of facebook messenger on iPhone by following the steps below:
- First of all, go to your account by selecting the small icon with your display picture on the top left corner.
- Then tap on Switch Accounts.
- Now swipe left on the account you want to remove.
- Now you will see a “Remove” option in red color.
- Tap on it and your account will be removed from Facebook messenger and you will be logged out.
Facebook stands as one of the most famous social networks of this era. It is really weird that they have not given a simple prompt option to logout from Facebook Messenger iPhone app running on iOS 11 or prior versions.
Facebook was established back in 2004. It was made for people to share their views and ideas on a common platform. Facebook is now used to stay connected with friends and family, express what matters to them and share their views. Facebook was created by Mark Zuckerberg and Edward Saverin, they both were college students at that time. First, it was just created for Harvard, soon it expanded to other colleges and now almost everyone is on Facebook. Since then it has become one of the successful business of the world.
That’s all, It’s just a trick, but it allows you to logout from Facebook Messenger iPhone app. Let us know if you have any issues in any of the above steps. You can also share with us any tricks regarding facebook, or any other technology. If you have any issue or confusion regarding facebook, you can contact their customer support.