Samsung Galaxy On5 is one of the middle priced smartphone of Samsung. Although, its price is low. Still, the hardware standard is not compromised while its manufacturing. We can see that the specs are lower as compared to flagship of Samsung Galaxy series. Still, the quality is maintained. The specs are lower to accommodate the price drop. If you are not much into phones and want to get a Samsung for daily use. Galaxy On5 is one of the most suitable phone. Now let us move on to the guide to install stock ROM on Galaxy on5 to unroot or unbrick the phone if it’s stuck in bootloop.
First and foremost. Try the factory reset or hard reset. Try clear cache partition. After trying all these solutions if your phone is still stuck in bootloop at the startup and it won’t pass the Samsung logo animation. Then you might have to flash stock ROM on galaxy on5 to unbrick it. It is also called as flashing stock firmware on Galaxy On5. You can also use this guide if you want to go back to stock Android operating system from custom ROM or unroot On5.
Let me give you an overview of what we going to do in this guide. First of all we will install ODIN and Samsung drivers on PC and then we will flash stock ROM on Galaxy On5 using Odin. Move on to the guide below.
Install stock ROM on Galaxy On5 to Unroot or Unbrick Bootloop
Before moving forward on how to flash stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy On5. There are some files that you will have to download and install them on your PC or Laptop. Know that this guide is just for Windows PC. As ODIN is not supported on OSX.
- Download Samsung Drivers for Windows. (Link to download file is under the main heading)
- Download Odin for Windows.
- From here Download Official Stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy On5 from Sammobile.
- The charge of your phone should be >40%.
- While you use ODIN, make sure KIES is off and not running in the background. (Uninstall it)
- Unlock Bootloader:
- Go to Settings -> About Device -> Tap on Build number for 7 times.
- Now Go back to Settings -> Developer Options -> Turn on OEM Unlocking and USB debugging.
First of all, download and install Samsung USB drivers on your Windows PC. This is to make sure that your computer recognises your phone. Install the ODIN. It is the tool that we will be using to flash stock ROM on galaxy On5.
Furthermore, download Official Stock firmware for Samsung Galaxy On5. Make sure you select the right model of your phone. If you don’t have any idea about your phone CSC and build number then go to About phone in settings and see the details there. If your phone is stuck in bootloop then download the ROM with respect to your carrier and country.
Make sure that you don’t install an unbranded ROM on a branded phone. If your phone is carrier free, you can install any firmware from any country. Although it is recommended to get the exact match of your phone’s already existing firmware, in this way you will not lose any data present in your phone. Branded phones are the ones which show logo of any carrier company (e.g. Verizon, T-Mobile, Telenor, Docomo).
Once you are done downloading the stock firmware with respect to your phone then proceed forward.
Follow the steps below to install stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy On5:
Following is the comprehensive guide on how to install Stock ROM on Galaxy On5. If you have any confusion at any step. Feel free to ask me in the comments. I will get back to you in a day.
- First of all, install Samsung USB drivers on your PC or laptop.
- Now you have to install ODIN on your Laptop.
- Now turn off your phone.
- Get your Samsung Galaxy On5 in Download Mode:
- Once your phone is completely shut down.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button simultaneously.
- When you see a warning release the button and press Volume up button to continue.
Now on your PC: open ODIN.
- Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Once your phone is connected you will notice that the ID:COM will change its color to blue. ( If the color didn’t change, then the PC has failed to recognise your phone. Make sure you have installed the right drivers and the drivers were installed successfully. Sometimes the fault lies in the USB cable).
- After your phone is connected. Click on PDA or on Some Odin versions it is AP.
- Now select the .tar or .tar.md5 file from the files in extracted firmware.
- Make sure only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time is checked in the options tab of Odin.
- Now if everything is ready. Press on start.
- It will take around 10 minutes to install stock ROM on Galaxy on5. If the flashing is unsuccessful due to some reason. Then try with some other version of Odin.
- Finally, if the flashing is successful. Your phone will reboot and it will have official stock firmware. As a result, it won’t get stuck at the Samsung logo animation at the start.
Note: If the firmware that you downloaded and extracted has more than one file then select the corresponding file in its specific tab in Odin. Identify the files from their extension type. typeBL belongs to Bootloader, AP belongs to PDA, select CP in Phone(Modem) tab and select CSC file in CSC tab.
That’s all on how to install Stock ROM on Galaxy On5. If you have any questions. You can ask me in the comments. If you successfully flashed stock rom on Samsung Galaxy On5. Then do give us feedback. You can also ask us if you have any confusion in any of the step in the guide above.