Buying Huawei Honor 6X can prove out to be the most economical choice you will ever make when it comes to smartphones. It has specs of all the top tier phones of each brand and its price is almost half as compared to them. Honor 6X can sometimes run into problems. Or get bricked. And in order to fix it, you have to flash stock firmware on Honor 6X. In this guide, I will explain you how to install stock firmware on Honor 6X.
Honor 6X is powered by Octa core processor. It has two variants, one is equipped with 4 GB RAM and the other one is equipped with 3 GB RAM. It has a big battery with the capacity of 3340 mAh. Honor 6X is said to have fastest fingerprint unlocking speed. It has a 5.5-inch screen.
How to Install Stock firmware on Honor 6X:
Installing the stock rom will ensure that you will get OTA updates from Huawei. You can also qualify for the beta testing of Android Nougat for Honor 6X once you get back to stock firmware. It doesn’t void warranty. If your phone is rooted it will be unrooted.
There are a number of things to be considered before we move on the guide. I will be explaining each and every step with detail so there isn’t any confusion or ambiguity. Still, if you get stuck at any step or youre confused about it. You can ask me in the comments.
Following are few prerequisites that you will need before we proceed further:
- Download Stock ROM for your Honor 6X from XDA depot or this file depot.
- Make sure your phone is charged.
- External SD card in Honor 6X.
Selecting the right firmware is very important. Make sure you download the right firmware; match the make and model number of your phone with the firmware number. Flashing wrong firmware will be unsuccessful.
Method 1 to Install Stock firmware on Honor 6X:
Once you have downloaded the ROM from the link above. If it contains Update.APP file instead of zip file then proceed with the below method. If its a zip file then you will have to install stock firmware on Honor 6X using stock android recovery which is explained in the next method.
Now follow the steps below to install stock firmware on Honor 6x:
- Extract and copy UPDATE.APP to “dload” folder on SD Card (you can create a new folder in the root directory of your SD card and name it “dload” if the folder does not exist already).
- Go to your phone dialer and enter *#*#2846579#*#* and make a call.
- A project menu will open on the interface of your phone.
Project Menu -> Upgrade -> SD card update -> Confirm.
- Now, your phone will reboot and update.
If your phone can’t load to the system after command then use the following method to install stock firmware on honor 6x:
- Power off your Huawei Honor 6X.
- Copy Update.app to “dload” folder on SD card.
- Press and hold Volume up + Volume down + Power button simultaneously. It will auto install stock firmware on Honor 6X.
Install stock firmware on Honor 6X from Stock Recovery:
If you have downloaded a ZIP file. Dont flash it using TWRP or any custom recovery, it might brick your phone. First, install stock android recovery on your Honor 6X and then perform the steps below:
- Copy the update.zip to sdcard.
- Power off Honor 6X.
- Now press and hold the Volume up + Power Button to get into Recovery Menu.
- In Android Stock recovery, go to “install from sd card” option. (Use power button to select and volume buttons to navigate.)
- Select internal or external sd card. Wherever you copied the update.zip file.
- Now select the update.zip file.
- Select “Yes” to install the update.
- It will take some time to install stock firmware on honor 6X.
- Then your phone will reboot. If it does not reboots itself. Select the option “reboot system now“.
That’s all, if you have any questions regarding how to flash stock firmware on Honor 6x. You can ask in the comments. If you have any confusion or you’re reluctant to perform this guide. You can seek help by reaching out to us. Do share with us if you were successful in flashing stock ROM on Huawei honor 6x.