Samsung Galaxy S9 is the latest flagship of the Galaxy series. It was released in Mobile World Congress 2018 a few days back, the highlight of the phone is its camera. It is said to have a bigger aperture that gives in more light, which results in better and bright pictures even in low light. Samsung Galaxy S9 is a new and expensive smartphone, losing it can be a really bad experience. So today we are going to talk about how to locate lost Galaxy S9 if it is stolen or you have misplaced it.
Track and Locate Lost Galaxy S9 Remotely:
There are two services that can be used to trace lost S9. Let me first give you an overview of both services then we will proceed further to the detailed guide on how to track and locate lost Galaxy S9 or S9+.
The first service is called Samsung Find my Mobile. It is a great service, that offers a number of features that can be applied to lost S9 remotely over the network. In order to track it. This service only supports high-end smartphones of Galaxy and Note series.
The other service is called “Android find my device“. This is a more generalized version, this service works with all Android smartphones. It has a few features as compared to Samsung’s own Find my Mobile.
First Method on to Track and Locate Lost Galaxy S9 or S9+ using Samsung Find my Mobile:
Samsung has introduced a great service to access its smartphones remotely, but it only limited to high-end smartphones and it has constraints such as internet access and location services.
Samsung Find my Mobile lets you access your lost Galaxy S9 remotely and perform a number of actions few notable features are as below:
- Ring my device.
- Lock my device
- Wipe my device
- Extend Battery Life
- Retrieve Call Logs.
- Set Guardians
- Unlock my device.
I am not sure about some of the above-mentioned features, as I haven’t used them all but some of them are very handy. You can use them to make your phone ring at its full volume. If you have left it somewhere at the house and it is on silent. So, even if you call it you can’t locate lost Galaxy S9. If the screen of your Galaxy S9 is broken and you can not unlock it to access the data present in it. Use the “Unlock My Device” feature to access the data present in it. It is a really handy trick.
Now let’s move on to the guide on how to trace and locate lost Galaxy S9 using Samsung find my mobile:
In order to access your Galaxy S9 remotely, you will need access to your Samsung Account. It is the same email address or account that you use for different Samsung Services like Samsung Cloud, Games and other stock apps that come with TouchWiz. If you used your phone number to signup for Samsung account that can also be used to access the services in order to locate Galaxy S9.
- Open Samsung Find My Mobile on any other phone or computer with internet access.
- Log in using your Samsung account credentials.
- Once you are logged in on the right side you will see all the options that you can perform using this service in order to locate lost Galaxy S9.
- If your phone is connected to the internet and its location services are on then you will see its live location on your screen via Google maps.
If you didn’t have Samsung account on your Galaxy S9 before you lost it, then you can use the method below. Maybe it will be handy in order to find your phone.
2nd Method on How to Track and Locate Galaxy S9 or S9+ Using Android Find my Device:
Moving on to the second method that can be used to track and locate lost Galaxy S9. This method is more generalized and it works on almost every Android device. You just need internet access and access to location services on your phone.
There is a number of features that are offered by Android that can be helpful to locate lost Galaxy S9, we will discuss them below before moving on to the guide.
- Android Find my device allows you to ring your phone at its maximum volume if it is on silent and you have lost it around somewhere the house or office.
- You can see the location of your phone on the google maps accurate up to 20 meters.
- If you are sure you will never get your hands on your precious phone and all the memories it had in it. You can remotely wipe all the data present in it. (Note: This will not delete the data present on the SD card of your phone.)
- If you have lost your Galaxy S9. You can temporarily lock your phone using Android Find my Device and display a customized message on its screen. If someone gets his hands on the lost Galaxy S9, seeing the message on the screen. He or she may try to contact the owner.
- It also shows the amount of battery percentage left on your phone.
Now let us move on to the guide on how to locate lost Galaxy S9 using Android find my device:
For this method to work, you need to have access to the Gmail account that you used on your Samsung phone to access the Google Play Store and Services on your phone. It is the same email ID that you use while setting up your Android phone.
- First of all, open Android Find my Device on any phone or computer with Internet access. You can also download its app from the Google Play Store.
- Once done, log in using your Gmail ID.
- Now you will see the location of your phone along with all the features mentioned above like Ring, Lock and Wipe.
- If your phone is not connected to the internet at that time or the thief switched it off after stealing it, then you will see the last location where it was online and connected to the internet.
That is all about how to track and locate lost Galaxy S9 or S9+ using all the apps that are supported either by Samsung or Google. There are third-party apps that also offer these features. Some don’t even need an internet connection on your lost Galaxy S9 in order to locate it but those apps are to be pre-installed on your phone. If this guide helped you to get back your Galaxy S9. Please do share with us in the comments.