OnePlus 6 and its successor OnePlus 6T stands as one of the most famous smartphones of this time. They are equipped with all top-notch specs and they cost almost half as compared to its competitors. In the latest iteration of OnePlus 6T, they have introduced the latest in screen fingerprint unlock feature that seems to be cool. Although, there is some reservation on the speed of unlocking using the in-screen fingerprint unlock. If I started talking about the good things of OnePlus 6 I would never stop. So now, let’s just move on to the topic that is how can you track or locate lost OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T remotely if you have lost it or it is stolen.
Apart from good solid performance and an impressive camera. One thing that I am have noticed in OnePlus 6T and it was missing in the predecessors that it has very solid build quality. That can be observed while you hold the phone.
Now let’s move on the guide on how to locate lost OnePlus 6T if you have lost it or it is stolen
Guide on how to locate lost OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T:
Although, there isn’t any specific app from the OnePlus itself for this purpose like Samsung or Apple. You can use the official Android app that is named as Android Find my Device. This service can be used in all Android devices. It has some prerequisites though.
In order to track or locate lost OnePlus 6, you will have to have location services enabled on your lost OnePlus 6. Also, it must be turned on and connected to a working internet connection. So, if someone stole your phone and turned it off, chances are slim that you are going to get it back. If you forgot it somewhere then there are chances that you might be able to get your hands back on it.
The guide includes simple steps of logging into your Gmail account or Google account that you used to set up your phone. The same email that you use to download apps from the Google Play Store. Several features can be performed on your phone remotely using Android Find my mobile, which are as follows:
- You can make your phone ring at full volume even if its on silent. If you have put it somewhere, it is on silent and you can not remember then this feature might be handy for you.
- You can see the location of your phone on Google Maps. If it is not connected to the internet you will see the last location where it had internet access.
- You can lock your phone and put a passcode on it along with a note that has information about how to contact you or how to return it back to you. So, if someone gets his or her hands on it. They can contact you.
- The last feature allows you to wipe your phone. If you have no luck finding your phone and you want to make sure no one can access the data on your phone. You can use the option to wipe your phone remotely. All the data that will be present on the internal storage of your OnePlus 6T will be wiped.
Now let’s move on to the steps that will allow you to recover lost OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T.
The step to step guide on how to locate lost OnePlus 6 or OP6T:
- First of all, go to Android Find my Device website or download it on any of your Android or iOS device.
- Second, log in using your Google account. The same email that you used to set up your phone, the one which you use to download apps on your OnePlus.
- Once logged in, you will see a list of associated mobile phones with this email address. If you have only one mobile associated with this mobile you will see it.
- While your phone is connected to the internet you will see its current location on Google Maps. If it is not connected to the internet then you will see a location where it was last connected to the internet.
- Here you can also perform other features like, wipe your phone. Make it ring on the highest volume or lock it.
I hope this guide was helpful for you to track and locate lost OnePlus 6. If you have any questions, you can write to be using email or contact me on any social network.
I know the conditions that phone should be turned on and connected to the internet with location services on makes the scope of recovering lost phone very scarce. You can take precautions for the next time on, you can sync your phone with cloud service all the time and put some passcode on it. If your phone was password protected there are very fewer chances of anyone being able to access the data present in your phone.