Alway On is one of the great features introduced in Samsung’s S7, S7 Edge and LG G5 this year. Always On feature allows you to check time on the lock screen of your phone without having to unlock it. This feature consumes very minimal battery. Only 0.8 percent of battery is consumed per hour by this feature on LG G5. Now this feature can also be used on Galaxy S6. I have written a guide on how to get Always on feature on Galaxy S6.
Always On Feature on Galaxy S6
Although this feature was introduced in LG G5 and Samsung Galaxy S7. But a senior developer at XDA named as PFittech has developed an application that allows you to use this feature on Galaxy S6 as well. This app is recommended for AMOLED display, as it consumes very less battery to display black coloured pixels, but you can also try on LCD or IPS but it might consume battery of your phone.
Following are the few great features of this app developed by this amazing developer:
- You can use this app to enable feature of Double tap to wake up device like LG phones.
- It shows date, time, notifications and battery state and level(red – 15%, green 100%).
- If you long press on the date it’ll open calendar app.
- Tap on notification icon to open selected app.
- Automatic brightness control for Always on from light sensor or you can manually set in settings.
- The app will pause Always On display if phone is in pocket or proximity sensor is active for more then 30s. (great feature to save battery)
- You can set time which allow deep sleep display when phone is without motion for more than set time in settings.
- You can disable Always On when you long press back button.
- It also allows you to select options to set wallpaper and opacity for Always On display.
- You can select from 12/24 hour format.
- If your phone is on charging Always on feature will never pause.
Download APK of Always on Display from this drive.
Link above takes you to the drive where the developer uploads all the versions of his app. It is recommended to download the latest version on your phone and if you don’t know how to install APK files, see the guide below.
The application is in testing so there might be some bugs etc that might consume battery, but overall the app is great and worth using on your Galaxy S6.
How to Install Always on feature on Galaxy S6.
Following are the steps to get always on feature in Galaxy S6:
- First of all download the APK from drive link above.
- Now go to Settings-> Security.
- Enable “Download from unknown Sources”.
- Now locate the downloaded app in your file directory.
- Open it, give the permission and it will install within seconds.
Read more about the developer and the versions released of Always On display here. You can also read about the changes (new features and bug fixes) included in each version in the link.
If you have any issue or query regarding Always on feature on Galaxy S6 or its APK, let me know in the comments. You can also give us your feedback about this app after downloading and using it. Its a great app according to my opinion, let’s see how you guys find it.