The OnePlus 2 has been a huge success in the market. It has been a treat for the customers who are enjoying the very user-friendly interface of the device. What makes the device so easy to use is the ability to use the off-screen gestures on the device. While the screen is turned off, a user can double tap on the screen to unlock the device, draw a circle in order to open the camera or draw a V to access the flashlight. Using this mod, the customers are able to customize screen off camera gesture. For a handheld device with such a big screen as the OnePlus 2’s 5.5″ screen, these off-screen gestures are really helpful in order to get the task done without having to use the hardware buttons.
One normally does have the need for a quick shortcut to the camera application, even with the screen turned off. Drawing a circle on the screen allows the users to access the camera. But some of you may wish to change the application you access using this gesture. For instance, you may wish to access YouTube by drawing a circle on the scree. Fortunately, using this mod, you can easily customize screen off camera gesture on the OnePlus 2.
The article written below is a guide to a mod that lets you customize screen off camera gesture.
Customize Screen Off Camera Gesture on OnePlus 2
Using this simple guide, you can use this mod in order to customize screen off camera gesture on your OnePlus 2.
Note: This mod has been tested on CM Nightlies. It should also work on CM 12.1 Nightlies. Still, making a backup of your ROM is mandatory. We don’t want you messing up your device.
- Download LaunchAnyApp.zip and copy it to your device.
- Turn off your device and boot into recovery mode by holding the power and the volume down button together for a few seconds.
- Make a backup copy of the ROM, in case you mess up.
- Once done, go to install zip and navigate to the downloaded zip file.
- Confirm and install the zip file.
- Reboot the OnePlus 2.
- Once rebooted, open settings and navigate to Interface > Gesture Shortcuts.
- Select the options you want to enable. On activating the circle gesture, you’ll be given a list of your applications to choose from by using the gesture.
Try out this simple mod and gain access to any application you desire using the circle gesture, besides the camera application. We hope that this was helpful to you.
Credit: Thomson2412 from XDA Forums.