Google Nexus 6, manufactured by Motorola, was the worthy competitor in the phablet market dominated by Samsung. With the best specifications and amazing look and feel, Nexus 6 also has some flaws which were overlooked by Google and also its manufacturer. In this article, we are going to discuss some of Nexus 6 problems and their possible solutions. By following the steps you can fix the Nexus 6 problems by yourself.
Nexus 6 Problems and their solutions
Following are some problems that some of the Nexus 6 users face.
Bluetooth Connectivity Issue:
Many users often face the problem regarding Bluetooth connectivity. Here is the solution to this problem.
- One common solution is to just turn Off and again On your Bluetooth on Nexus 6. It will most probably solve the problem. If the problem continues then follow the next step.
- Clear the Cache for Bluetooth
Step 1: In order to clear the Cache go to ‘Settings‘
Step 2: Then go to Apps. In Apps, go to All
Step 3: Now go to Bluetooth Share
Step 4: Here you’ll find Clear Cache option. Tap on it.
- Now go to Bluetooth Share again. Here tap on Clear Data
- After clearing data and cache, restart your Nexus 6.
If the above solution doesn’t work then boot your smartphone into safe mode. Follow the steps below in order to Boot Nexus 6 to safe mood.
Boot Nexus 6 into Safe Boot mode:
- Press and hold Power button.
- Now in the menu, press and hold the Power Off selection.
- Tap OK to start Safe Mode.
Random Rebooting Issue:
A number of Nexus 6 users are facing a problem of random rebooting with no apparent reason. Their phone suddenly reboots. Here is a solution to this problem.
- First of all, make sure that your Nexus 6 is fully charged.
- Now, disable active notifications.
- You can also disable primary messenger application. You can use hangouts instead.
- Enable Google Play Services and GPS high accuracy.
- If above solutions doesn’t work then wipe the cache partition on your Nexus 6. This can remove fragmented data.
This issue is also possible because of corrupt or fragmented data. To remove any such data, perform a factory reset. But before that, Back up any important data in your smartphone.
Factory Reset your Nexus 6:
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button simultaneously. Keep holding the two buttons until the device switches on.
- When you see Start with an arrow, Tap Volume Down button twice and the Power button to enter Recovery Mode.
- Now, hold Power button and then press and release the Volume Up button.
- Use the Volume buttons to select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Now, select “Yes – erase all data” with Power button.
Abnormal Battery Drain Issue:
Nexus 6 has 3220 mAh battery capacity. It has a quite good battery life but despite a normal usage of battery, many devices have been affected by abnormally fast drain. Follow the steps to fix this issue.
- First of all, ensure all applications are updated to the latest version.
- Turn off vibrations.
- Reduce screen brightness as much as possible.
- Battery drain could be caused due to third party applications. To reduce battery usage, disable any power-heavy applications that are running in the background. If they are used frequently then ignore.
- There are always some applications that use more power than normal. Try uninstalling those applications.
If any of the above method didn’t solve the problem then you should try rebooting your Nexus 6 with all third-party applications uninstalled. You can also factory reset your smartphone.
Screen Brightness Issue:
Many Nexus 6 users are facing this problem that when they are outside in sunlight or some bright light then the screen brightness seems too low. Following steps will solve this issue.
- Go to Settings
- Go to Device
- Go to Display. Here change the settings according to your requirement.
- You can also set brightness level to auto-brightness. Now your device will automatically detect bright light and then will increase the brightness level.
Slow Charging Issue:
Almost all Nexus 6 users registered their complaints about slow charging. You can fix this problem by following the steps enlisted below.
- You can disable any unwanted applications.
- Normally, we are used to press the ‘Home’ button to close any application. Instead of pressing ‘Home’ button, tap the back button twice to exit any application. This action closes the application from the background. It also prevents the excessive drain power.
- When your Nexus 6 is charging then do not play any game. Games require extra processing power.
This problem could be due to malfunctioning application. Boot your Nexus 6 into safe mood. After this check your device if it starts charging faster. In order to boot into Safe mood, you can follow the steps as mentioned above in Bluetooth connectivity Issue section.
These steps will help you to fix Nexus 6 problems. If you are facing any problem other than above mentioned problems then let us know in the comments below.