If you are using one of these Huawei phones like the Mate 8, Mate S or Honor, Huawei P9, P9 lite, P9 plus, Huawei P20, Mate 10, Mate 10 lite, or Mate 10 pro and running Huawei’s own factory UI called Emotion. You will miss out on the notifications that you will probably see on other devices. The following guide will help you to fix missing push notifications on Huawei smartphone.
This issue might occur might be because of the power saving features on Huawei’s EMUI Android skin. And you probably wouldn’t be getting all the notifications you’re used to on other Android devices.
These notifications include anything from Gmail and Outlook to text messages and even data-based messaging apps like Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Telegram, Viber, Skype, Google Hangouts and more.
If you ran into this problem we have got a quick and easy fix for you. I will guide you on How to fix missing push notifications on Huawei smartphones and make all your missing notifications come back to life. Following guide cover the fix for this problem and it explains the reason for this missing notification.
Fix missing push notifications on Huawei smartphones:
If you’re missing notifications from commonly used apps. It’s likely because the default power profile is set to only keep a small list of apps running in the background. A process that keeps the other applications from performing any kind of activity on the phone unless they are running in the foreground.
To access this power profiles section to enable push notifications on Huawei phone follow the steps below:
- Go to the System settings. (which you can either find in the quick toggles portion of the notification shade by pulling down the status bar on the top portion of the screen)
- Scroll down to Advanced Settings and head on over to Battery Manager.
- Go to Protected Apps selection. (This is what you’re looking for here. and this will control what’s allowed to run when the screen is off and what isn’t.)
- From here you can pick which apps are allowed to run. And you’re likely going to want to make sure your favorite email and chat apps are included in the list of enabled apps.
EMUI will let you know which apps are “power-intensive” (That consume more battery power).If those are your favorite apps and you want to receive notifications from that app you should probably turn it on.
If you’d rather allow every app on the phone to run all the time in the background feel free to check the All slider at the top. However, note that this will cause significant battery drain compared to the default values.
Note: If your Huawei phone is having issues with Google sync and the contacts and Gmail is not synced to the cloud properly. Then see this guide to fix the issue.
Update (17th August 2016):
Above solution has proved to work for many Huawei smartphones including Huawei Honor 7, Mate 8 and P9 lite. If you are still missing notifications on Huawei. Then try the below method.
- Download and install “Quick Sync Settings” from Google Play Store on your Huawei Phone.
- Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Google -> Enable App-data Sync.Now Whatsapp, Facebook, Hangout and all other application’s push notifications will work even when the app is closed.
Method 2 to Fix Missing Notification missing push notifications on Huawei P9:
If the above method didn’t work for you then try the following method. One of our reader who had the similar problem on his Huawei P9 lite. Fixed missing notification on Huawei P9 by performing the steps below:
Go to: Settings -> Apps -> WhatsApp -> Battery -> Keep running after screen off. Enable this, and you are good to go.
Also make sure here that background data is enabled for the apps:
Settings -> Apps -> WhatsApp -> Data usage -> Background Data -> Enable.
Enjoy those important notifications again.!
If this guide does not work for you and you are still not getting the notifications, try changing the launcher to Nova. You can download it from the App Store.
If you have any question regarding the guide above to fix missing push notifications on Huawei phones. Feel free to ask me in the comments. If you have any confusion regarding any step above, we are here to sort it out for you guys.