Instagram, with 400 million active users from all around the world, is an online mobile photo and video sharing application. Users take their photos or videos and share them either publicly or privately with their followers. It’s an awesome application, but sometimes, it becomes so engrossing. We can’t simply rid of it by uninstalling the app. Because after some time, we’ll be downloading it again. Then what’s the solution? Is deleting an account a solution? Yes, it is. You can either disable your account temporarily or delete Instagram account permanently.
Before going for any solution, first read few things carefully. By disabling an Instagram account, you can always have an option to regain an access to your account. But, when you delete Instagram account, you will never be able to log into your account again. All your photos and videos will be deleted permanently. So think before going for an option.
Also Checkout: How to Disable Instagram last seen.
Temporarily disable an Instagram account:
- First of all, open a browser and go to the Instagram website. It is important to visit a website because you cannot do this from the application.
- Now, enter your login credentials.
- Once you are logged in, you will see a profile logo at the top right corner of the window. Click on it.
- There, you’ll see an “Edit Profile” option next to your username. Click on it.
- Scroll down till you reach the bottom of the window. There, you’ll see “Temporarily disable my account” link. Follow the link.
- Now, you’ll be prompted to select a reason from a drop-down menu asking “Why you are disabling your account?”
- Re-enter your password to confirm the action.
- Now, you’ll see a button “Temporarily Disable Account”. Click on it.
Note: In order to re-activate your account, you just have to log back into your account.
Delete Instagram account Permanently:
Note: Once you delete your account, you will not be able to re-activate your account again. All your pictures and videos will be deleted permanently.
- Open a browser and go to Instagram’s page for deleting accounts permanently.
- Log in to your Instagram account by entering your login credentials.
- Now, you will be asked to select a reason from a drop-down menu.
- Re-enter your password to confirm your action.
- Now, you’ll see a red button “Permanently Delete my Account”. Click on it.
- You are free now.
I hope this guide was beneficial to you and solved your problem. If you have any query or confusion regarding how to delete Instagram account permanently or to temporarily disable an account then let us know.