Losing a phone can be a real nightmare. and worse when you are scared that someone might get his hands on the phone and your personal information. So the best thing to do if you have lost your Nexus 6P is to erase its all of its contents. So even if someone finds it, we won’t be able to get into your personal stuff. It will also erase credit card and Android Pay information from your phone. Let’s move on how to erase lost Nexus 6P data.
The service that I am going to use to help you to erase all the data present inside your lost Nexus 6P is Android device manager. It is a great service introduced by Google itself, which allows you to perform a number of features on your phone remotely. A brief introduction to its features are as below:
- Erase: If you are sure that you are never going to get your hands on your phone. You can erase all the data present inside your phone.
- Locate: If you have lost your phone and you want to locate it. Use this feature. It will display the location of your phone on Google Maps. If it is connected to the internet. Otherwise, you will see its the last time including the date it was online.
- Ring: Even if your phone is on silent, you can make it ring at maximum volume by using this feature. This service is very helpful if you have lost your phone somewhere in the car, office or home and you can’t find it. Although, you are sure that its somewhere around.
- Lock: If you have lost your phone and currently you are trying to locate it. You are sure that you might get it back somehow. Best solution till then is to use this feature and lock your phone with a new passcode that you will provide it on your PC. You can also display a message along with your contact number on your lost Nexus 6P remotely like “This phone is stolen, kindly contact on this number to return it”.
It is always great to have a backup of pictures and videos on Google Photos and backup of contacts and calendar on Gmail account. So even if you have lost your phone and you erase lost nexus 6P data. Still, you will have all the pictures, videos, notes and contacts with you.
Erase Lost Nexus 6P Remotely
Now let us move on to how you can erase lost nexus 6P remotely. For this as I said we will be using the Android device manager. For this guide, you will have to have the same Gmail address that you used on your phone to either sign in on Google play store or Gmail. The same email address that you enter when you start using your phone for the very first time. It is usually the same one, that is in use of Google Play Store.
Note: You can also use the Android device manager on any other Android phone by downloading its application from Google Play Store.
- First of all. Open Android Device Manager website on your PC or some other phone.
- Now use your Gmail/Google account details to log in.
- Once logged in you will see the location of your phone on Google Map. If your phone is offline then you will see the date and time when it was last online.
- You will see three options underneath it. To delete all the data present inside your Nexus 6P remotely. Click on Erase.
- Now you will see a warning as above. Click on Erase.
All the data present inside your Nexus 6P will be erased now. So you don’t have to worry about, if it got into wrong hands. If you still have any confusion or issue. Drop a comment below. I will get back to you as soon as possible. Losing your phone is a great loss but someone misusing your personal information can result in very gruesome consequences. So it is better to erase lost Nexus 6P data than taking chances.