Samsung Galaxy Alpha is one of the most stylish phone ever released by Samsung. It has sleek design. Edges and back are merged in a way that it is very easy to hold this Galaxy Alpha in hands. If you recently bought this phone and youre looking for a method to root Galaxy Alpha. I have got a very easy guide that can help you to root your phone.
The method that I am covering in this guide works for every model of Samsung Alpha. In this method you will have to flash CF-AutoRoot file on your phone using ODIN. If you have never performed this procedure before. Dont worry, I will guide you step by step.
Rooting gives you a lot more freedom to tweak with your phone. You can access system features that you can not access with unrooted device. Following are some advantages of rooting.
- You can overclock your phone’s processor for better performance.
- You can remove system apps that consume storage and processing memory of your phone.
- Root allows you to flash custom ROMs and recoveries.
- Perform a NANDROID Backup.
- There are number of other tweaks which can be helpful to enhance performance and battery life with your phone. You can maintain total privacy using a rooted phone.
How to Root Galaxy Alpha. A complete guide for Beginners:
Before we move to the guide there are some prerequisites and downloads that you will need on your phone and PC before you move forward.
- Make sure your phone is charged over 50%.
- Disable KIES on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging: Goto Settings-> Select About Phone -> Locate Build number and tap it 7 times. Head back to settings page and locate Developers Options -> Enable USB debugging.
- Although this guide wont delete any data present in your phone. But to be on the safe side. Backup all of your data using this guide.
Required downloadables to root Galaxy Alpha:
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers on your Computer. These drivers are necessary for your computer to recognise your phone. (go to the link, just under the date and main heading you will find the link to download the drivers. Its a zip file.)
- Download ODIN V3.11.1. And unzip in on your computer.
- Lastly, Download CF-AutoRoot file from here. and unzip it on your PC. (This file is for SM-G850F)
- Goto Settings -> About device and make sure you have same model. If you have different model. Goto CF-AutoRoot directory. And download CF-AutoRoot file according to your phone model.
Root Galaxy Alpha Step to Step Guide below:
First of all, make sure you are with me in this guide. and you have not skipped any step from the above precautions and downloads. If you are having any issue. You can contact me from the comments or contact us form. I will get back to you as soon and possible and help you personally. Rooting is a delicate thing. You should not be taking any chances.
- Now, Turn off your Galaxy Alpha and put it in Download Mode.
- Press volume down + home button and power button simultaneously.
- Release the button when you see warning.
- Press volume up button to continue.
- Seconds step is to open ODIN on your PC.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy Alpha to your PC using data cable. If ID:COM on ODIN turns blue. It means that your phone is connected and recognised by your PC. If it does not changes color. then make sure you have properly downloaded and installed Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Click on AP or PDA tab. And Select the CF-Auto-Root file that you downloaded and unzipped.
- Now ODIN will check MD5 file. In the options, make sure only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot are checked like in the screenshot.
- Click on Start. It will take just few minutes to root and then your phone will reboot itself.
- Once it reboots. Download Root checker app to confirm that your phone is rooted. Altohugh you will see SuperSU file in your App Drawer. It is an indication that you have successfully rooted your phone.
Note: If ODIN fails to install the CF-Auto-Root file then download some other version of ODIN from its offcial site and try again.
That’s all. In the conclusion, I would like to say, if you have any question or problem regarding the guide above. Let me know in the comments. I will get back to you and solve it for you. If you dont have a clue how to perform above guide at all. You can contact me, I will help you out.