OnePlus 3 is without any doubt one of the best smartphone of 2016. Its fast, it looks gorgeous and its best thing is the camera result. OnePlus 3 has better specs than the most of the high end latest smartphones of 2016. And when it comes to the price. OnePlus 3 costs almost half as compared to the Galaxy S7 edge, iPhone 7 and Google Pixel XL. It’s running on Snapdragon 820 with 6 gigs of RAM. Yeah right.! that some massive processing power. Its fast and it cost less than the smartphones of its tier. I would go for OnePlus 3 over all these expensive phones hundred times over. Talking about the software; It’s running on Oxygen OS 3.5.1 which is AOSP of Android Marshmallow 6.0.1. If you have lost your phone. Following is the guide on how to locate lost OnePlus 3.
The service that we are going to use in order to locate lost OnePlus 3 is Android Find my Device. Using this service you can perform number of actions on your phone remotely. This service is provided by Google to every Android user. It’s a great service which can come very handy if your phone ever gets stolen or lost. First, we will discuss the features of Android Device find my device, then we will move on to the guide on how to track and locate lost OnePlus 3 remotely.
Following are some notable features of Android Find my Device that can be used to track a lost OnePlus 3:
- Locate: As soon as you log in to Android Find my device. You will be able to see location of your phone on Google maps. If your phone is offline, then you will see the time and date when it was last online. It will only work if you have enabled location services on your phone.
- Ring: If your phone is somewhere around, but you are unable to find it even after calling on its number because its silent. Then you can make use of ring option. It will make your OnePlus 3 ring at its highest volume for some minutes, even if it is in silent mode. Once you locate it. You can press the power button and it will stop ringing.
- Lock: If you have left your phone somewhere and you have hope that if someone sees it. That person might try to contact you to return the phone. You can use this option to lock your phone and display a message along with some other number you wish to display on your phone screen which can be contacted to return the lost phone.
- Erase: If you have lost every hope of getting your phone back. You don’t think there is a possibility that you will get it back somehow. Best approach is to delete all the data present inside it. So that a stranger can not access the data and personal things inside it. With the help of this erase feature. You can wipe your phone completely. Next time your phone is turned on. All the data present in its internal storage will be wiped.
Track and Locate Lost OnePlus 3:
The guide to track lost oneplus 3 is simple. All you need is a details of your google account that you used on your phone to setup your email, contacts and google play store. Its the primary email address that you put when you first start your phone.
Follow the steps below to locate lost onePlus 3 using Android Find my Device:
- First of all. On some other smartphone or computer, open Android Find my Device website. You can also download Android Find my Device from google play store.
- Now use your gmail account credentials to login.
- Once logged it. You will see all your devices that are associated with this email.
- Select Oneplus 3.
- Now you will see location of your OnePlus 3 on Google map. If your phone is offline then you will see the time when it was online last time.
- You will also see other options that you can perform on your OnePlus 3 remotely. Like Lock, Erase and Ring.
I hope this guide was helpful to locate lost oneplus 3. If you were successful in locating your phone do give us feedback. If you couldnt locate your phone using the above method. Contact your service provider they might be able to help you out or report to the local police authorities.
All these services have constraints and limitations, like internet connection and location services. So it gets hard to get your lost OnePlus 3T back.If you still have any question. Feel free to drop comment below.