If your Samsung Galaxy S6 is heating up, the battery is draining very fast. It hardly gives you a few hours on a full charge? Well, I have got a solution that will fix Galaxy S6 battery draining issue and heating problem.
Samsung Galaxy S6 is one of the most successful phone Galaxy S series. It was released when Samsung was in dire need of something innovative to pull back itself from the dig that Galaxy S5 put the company in. Galaxy S6 is still being used and adored by a great number of users all around the world. Even after the release of Galaxy S7 and S8. People are very much contented with their Galaxy S6 and they are not willing to upgrade. Galaxy S6 is one of the most good-looking smartphones of all time. It has a perfect size. It can be held in one hand very comfortably. The look and feel of Galaxy S6 is peerless.
Galaxy S6 is running on a heavy duty processor Exynos 7420 Octacore. Alongside there is 3GB of RAM for support. It is upgradeable to Android 7 Nougat. Samsung Galaxy S6 has an amazing camera which can take beautiful pictures. The screen size of the Galaxy S6 is 5.1 inch. It is the optimal size of a smartphone screen. Battery timing of Galaxy S6 is amazing. But with time the battery timing starts to decline. Today we will discuss how to fix Galaxy S6 battery draining issues. Which can cause the phone to heat up as well.
Galaxy S6 Battery Draining and Heating Issue:
- First of all, you need to check your phone for unnecessary apps which you don’t use. Get rid of every app which is no use for you. Make space in the internal storage of the phone by deleting useless pictures and videos.
- You need to check if your phone internal storage has free space. Remove the bloatware apps and make sure at least 1 GB of space is free. The Android operating system is developed in a way that if the processor and RAM cant process the operation with the allocated memory, they make use of internal storage. Go to Settings-> Apps. Look for the apps you don’t need and delete them. If you can’t delete them disable them.
- This is a common observation. That if a room is full of things, you will have to work hard and spend more time to retrieve what is required. Same is the case with Galaxy S6 or any other processor. Remove unwanted data and free up space.
- Make sure your phone is up to date. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> System Update. If there is any pending update, download and install it. It won’t delete any data present on your phone.
Clear Cache Partition to fix Galaxy S6 Battery Draining:
Clearing cache is the most effective way to solve any kind of problem with your phone. With time Galaxy S6 tends to slow down, it is because of a pile of cache building up in the system’s memory. It is recommended to clear the cache of Galaxy S6 once in a while.
Note: Clearing cache will not delete any data present in your phone. It may take 10-15 minutes depending upon the number of apps present in your phone.
Clearing cache is the most efficient way to enhance performance and fix Galaxy S6 battery draining and heating issues.
Follow the steps below to clear cache of your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 edge:
- First of all, turn off your Galaxy S6.
- Now get into Recovery mode.
- Press and hold Volume Up, Home Button and Power button.
- When the phone restarts and it vibrates leave the buttons.
- Now you will be in Recovery Menu.
- Select the Wipe Cache Partition option. (Use volume buttons to navigate and power button to select).
Give it some time to wipe cache. Do not restart or try to turn your phone off while clearing cache is in process. It might take some time but never interrupt while its clearing cache.
- Calibrate your phone battery. Discharge your phone completely so that it no longer turns on. Now charge it fully. Do not use until it is fully charged.
If nothing works; Factory Reset your phone:
If you have tried every tweak mentioned above and still you are having battery timing and heating issues. Then you should go for a factory reset. It is good to factory reset Android phone once in a while. It makes your phone new as you pulled it out from the box. A factory reset fixes all of the software issues and enhances the performance of your phone. Make sure you backup all of your data using this guide before you factory reset it.
I hope the guide above solved Galaxy S6 battery drain and heating issues. If you still any questions to ask. You can drop a comment below. If the guide above helped you and solved your issue do give us feedback.
In conclusion, I would like to ask you guys if you have anything to contribute to this guide. If you have some tip to share with that can be helpful to fix galaxy S6 battery draining and heating. Feel free to share with us.