Half of 2018 is already passed, and still, the Samsung Galaxy S6 is one of the most adored android phone. As you might know, Samsung has started releasing OTA updates of Android Nougat for Galaxy S6. While some of you might come across this common error “Galaxy S6 Update Failed”. Today, I will guide you on how to fix this error.
Galaxy S6 is top notch phone with a sleek and stylish look and amazing specs. From a casual user to a power android user, this phone can satisfy everyone’s needs. It runs on Samsung’s own Exynos 7420 Octa-core processor along with 3GB RAM. It has a 2330 mAh battery and supports 16-megapixel camera with Sony Exmor sensor. Now, let’s move on to the update failed problem in Galaxy S6 and its solution.
How to Fix Samsung Galaxy S6 Update failed issue:
Samsung Galaxy S6 is the latest smartphone to get Android Nougat update. In December, Samsung started a beta testing program for Android Nougat. Only Galaxy S7 users were considered for the program. The program allowed the users to test Android nougat on their phone and report any bugs or customization they would like to see. After the successful end of a program. Samsung officially started to release Android Nougat for Galaxy S6. This month, the update has come to Galaxy S6. Now you can update your Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android nougat. But some of the users are facing issues while updating. They come across this error “Galaxy S6 Update Failed”. There can be many reasons for this problem. We are going to discuss them in detail in this post.
This error either appears while downloading the latest firmware via OTA or sometimes when the update is completed. The phone tries to extract it but the downloaded firmware is not complete or broken. So the phone reboots and gives this error. This guide also works for Galaxy S6 Edge and S6 Edge+.
Potential Causes of Galaxy S6 Update failed:
While the issue may be because your phone is unable to download the firmware or maybe the downloaded file cannot be extracted properly.
- First of all, you need to make sure you have a good internet connection. The internet connection should be reliable.
- You need to have at least 3GB free space in internal storage of your phone. See this guide on how to free up space on your Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Make sure your phone is charged. So it does not boots or shuts down while installing the firmware.
- Also, it is recommended that you factory reset your phone after the OTA update to Android nougat to save your phone from force closes and unsatisfactory performance. Here is a guide to perform a complete backup before you factory reset.
- If you are not getting the OTA update for Android nougat, it may be because your phone is rooted. You can check if your phone is rooted and un-root is using this comprehensive guide. This will help you get the update via OTA if you are facing this error “Your device has been modified, Software updates are not available.”
The solution of Galaxy S6 Software Update Failed is Wiping Cache Partition:
Remember that wiping cache partition does not delete any data from your phone.
Following are the steps to wipe cache partition:
- First, you need to turn off your Galaxy S6.
- Press and hold Volume up, Home and Power Button till you Android figure on your phone’s screen.
- Now you will see Recovery mode of S6.
- Now use your volume keys and move to Wipe Cache Partition.
- Use power button to select.
- It might take some time to wipe cache partition. You will get feedback on the bottom of the screen when it will be done. Don’t power off or restart your Galaxy S6 while cache partition is being wiped.
- Now select the option “Reboot System Now”
Wiping cache will be good enough to get rid of Galaxy S6 software update failed error.
Galaxy S6 failed to update error can also be fixed by the method below:
You can also download and install the latest firmware on your phone via Smart Switch.
- Download Smart Switch on your PC.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- Once connected and your phone is detected. You will find an option to install the latest firmware Android Nougat on your Galaxy S6.
In this way, you don’t have to make space on your Galaxy S6 to download the firmware. It is downloaded on your computer and then installed on your Galaxy S6. It is the best possible way to avoid Galaxy S6 update failed error.
That’s all, I hope this guide will help you to get rid of Galaxy S6 update failed error. So you can grab on to the all new Android Nougat for your phone. If you have any questions or queries regarding the guide above. Feel free to contact me.