People who are using Huawei phones and they have just updated to EmUI 9.0.1 are facing issues with Google apps on their phone. Most of the Google apps are not even opening up. Some of them are not working properly. Same is the case with Google Play Store. Updating to EMUI 9 also results in a crash of Google play services. In this guide, I will help you to install Google play store on Huawei devices running on EMUI 9 including Honor 8X. Also, we will fix Google apps on Huawei after EMUI 9 update.
The Chinese government has strict privacy policies. It does not allow any Google app or service in China. Along with Google Apps, famous social media apps like Facebook and Twitter are also banned from the use of Public. The firmwares and devices manufactured in the country are programmed not to entertain any Google services or Apps. There are workarounds for using Google apps and Google Play store on Huawei Chinese devices. If you have been using Google apps on EMUI 8. I am sure you must know about them already. If everything has been working fine. Now, after the update to EMUI 9.0.1. If the google apps and Google play store have stopped working. You need to take care of that issue using the guide below.
There are two types of people who are using Chinese devices that are meant for only China. Huawei devices for other countries has a different firmware that has Google play store and all apps. People who are in China or the people who got the phone from China. This guide is for those who got the phone from China.
Fix Google Apps on Huawei after EMUI 9 Update:
So, as you know once you get Google Play Store and Google Play Services running on your Huawei Chinese phone. You can get any app you want. As you might have an idea there are a number of apps that are not from Google but they require Play Services for proper functioning.
In this guide, we will use Google GMS installer to install Google Play Store and services from scratch on your Huawei phone. It will also fix Google Apps on Huawei after Emui 9 update.
Steps to install Google play store using GMS installer to fix Google Apps on Huawei Chinese phone:
Before we move forward on to the guide you need to make sure that your phone allows to download and install apps from external sources. By default, this option is turned off. You will have to turn it on from the settings. You can do that by following the steps below.
- First of all, you will have to go to Settings -> Security & Privacy.
- Enable “Download Apps from Unknown Sources”.
- Disable “Check Apps from External Sources”.
On EMUI 9. Unless you change the settings of external apps. You will not be able to install the GMS installer that we are going to use in the guide below:
- First of all, Download GMS Installer 1.2 from here.
- Once installed, your phone will automatically ask you if you want to install the downloaded APK. If your phone does not prompts you. Locate the APK and open it to install it.
- Allow Huawei Browser to install GMS installer app.
- Now give all the permissions to the app. It will ask for 29 permissions.
- Now click on Install Anyway. Enable Trust this app.
- Now the app will open. Click on One Touch Installation.
- You will see a prompt asking that older Google Apps will be uninstalled and your phone will restart. Tap on Install.
- Now your phone will ask you to uninstall Google Play Store. Let it uninstall.
- Once the uninstallation is finished. Your phone will restart.
- Now you have to install Google Play Store and other Google Apps from Huawei App Store.
- Locate and open AppGallery. (Its the official store for Huawei phones to download Apps)
- Now go to Home and search for Google Play Store in the search bar of App Gallery.
- You can install other Google Apps from there.
- Now your Google play store will work and ask you to enter your google account details. It will also download and install Google Play Services on your phone.
Finally, you will be able to use Google Play Store to download any app on your Huawei phone. If you come across any issue while trying to download an app and it gets stuck. Use this guide to fix it.
If nothing is working Move back to EMUI 8 using the guide below:
If you have tried the above method, and all the other methods present on the web. Still, your Huawei phone is not running Google Apps after EMUI 9 update. Then it is time to rollback to EMUI 8. Till a working solution comes out.
This guide has worked for a lot of people who have personally contacted me to thank for it. There are also a number of people, who are unable to fix Google Apps on Huawei after EMUI 9 update. For the people, who cannot make it work. The best thing is to move back to EMUI 8.
Downgrading from EMUI 9 to EMUI 8 on Huawei phones is very simple, unlike other smartphones. All you need is a computer running in Windows or MAC and a data cable.
Guide on how to downgrade to EMUI 8 on Huawei:
- First of all, you will have to install HiSuite by Huawei. It is an official tool to flash firmwares, backup your phone. All the things that can be done on the software of your Huawei phone can be done from HiSuite.
- Once you have installed HiSuite on your computer. Open it.
- Connect your Huawei Phone to your computer using a data cable.
- Once connected, you will see the details of your phone on your computer.
- Now go to Updates, select the old version of EMUI. For example, you can select EMUI 8.1.
- Install it on your phone.
Once installed. You might have to manually install google play store on your Huawei phone. For that, you can use this guide. You can also install Google play store just by downloading its APK from the aforementioned link and install on your phone.
If installing APK does not work. You can use the first method described in this guide above that uses GMS installer to install Google Apps on your Huawei phones.
Google Apps in Huawei Phones for People Living in China:
For the people who are living in China and trying to access Google services. This guide might not work for you. As the ISP has blocked the DNS of Google services. You will need to use a paid and working VPN to bypass the network restrictions.
There are other countries as well who have banned specific apps. For instance, Pakistan has banned the use of Telegram in the country. All the apps that can be used for making Audio or Video calls are banned in the UAE. Moreover, iOS devices that are manufactured for UAE do not have Facetime in it. Whatsapp video and audio calls do not work there. Also, you can not even use Skype for business purpose if you are living in UAE.
I hope this guide helped you to fix Google Apps on Huawei after EMUI 9 update. If you have any further questions or queries. Feel free to contact me using the contact us form or drop a comment below. If you need prompt support you can contact me on facebook.