Android has given a platform to download any app you wish to use. There are millions of thousands of apps on Google Play Store. We can instantly download any app and can start using it. We also receives frequent updates to remove bugs and update our OS. But sometime, while downloading, Google Play Store stuck at downloading without any apparent reason.
We are going to discuss the issue with downloading process. When you start downloading an app and Google Play Store stuck at downloading app. This will get more problematic when it will show downloading an app and even loading bar is running but the download won’t start. In short, downloading an app from Google Play Store get impossible. At times, these problems are due to slow internet connection e.g. 2G/EDGE. But, if you’re using 3G or 4G or wifi and still facing the same problem then there might be an issue with Google Play Store servers or app.
How to Fix When Google Play Store Stuck at Downloading:
Now, to solve this problem, follow these simple steps listed below:
- First of all, in your App Gallery, locate and then tap “Settings”.
- Select “Applications” and then tap “Manage Applications”.
- Now, go to “All”.
- A list of all applications will be displayed. Find “Google Play Store” and tap to select it.
- A new window will open where you will see many options. Find “Force Close” and tap on it. This will close the application if it is running in the background.
- Now, tap on “Clear Cache“. Then tap on “Clear Data“
- Now select “Uninstall Updates”. If an update was installed then this will uninstall all those updates.
- Now, go to Google Play Store and search for your desired app.
- Download an app or game and enjoy.
Update: If you are trying to download any app from Google Play Store, but it is stuck and the above method didn’t work for you then try the method below:
- Go to Application Manager.
- Click on Reset All Preferences tab.
- Bunch of apps will open again and Now go back to Google play store. You will notice that the download will start again.
Also, try this solution: Sign out of your gmail account on Google Play Store and then Sign in again.
- If you are trying to download via Data Roaming, it will not work. This is a known Google issue.
- If you have these 3 apps installed: Truecaller, AVG Antivirus, and PayTm, please try to force stop or uninstall them before downloading any other app from Play Store.
Note: If you are still facing the same issue then you can follow some extra steps. For that, follow the link given below.
These simple steps will help you to resolve the issue. You can start downloading any app and game from Google Play Store. If you have any query regarding how to fix when Google Play Store Stuck at downloading, then let us know in the comments below.