Samsung Galaxy A series is the middle tier smartphone of Samsung. The cost almost half as compared to Samsung Galaxy S series. Although, the specs and build quilty difference is not much in both series. Still, if the S series smartphones come with premium glass or Aluminium body. The A series will come with a plastic body or some other less costly material. If S series smartphones have 3 or 4 cameras. The A series will have just one at the back and one at the front. Although, Samsung smartphones rarely get into problems. Still, if your phone has been acting up, or its firmware is corrupted, or you rooted your phone and now you want to unroot Galaxy A50. You can use this guide to install stock firmware on your Galaxy A50.
The Samsung Galaxy A50
Samsung Galaxy A50 is the latest smartphone of the Galaxy A series. It was released in March of 2019. It comes with Samsung’s modified version of Android 9 Pie. From the looks and feel. You can’t say it is middle tier smartphone, as it has three cameras on the back and one on the front. It takes amazing pictures from the combination of the three cameras on the back. The size of its display screen is 6.4″ inch. Which is quite amazing. It also has an on-screen fingerprint scanner. Which is introduced recently on the Galaxy S10 series.
Galaxy A50 comes in four amazing colors. You can buy it with or without a contract from most of the famous service providers. Galaxy A50 has support for external storage via microSD card. Moreover, you have a built-in storage of 128 or 64 GB. The processing power is handled by the heavy duty Exynos 9610. Along with that, it has 4 or 6 GB of RAM for processing.
When it comes to battery timing. It gives you a day or even more than that depending upon the time you use it overall the day. It is featured with a 4000 mAh battery. That is good enough. Considering all these features. It is safe to say, it stands as one of the most good-looking and powerful phone out there with a small price tag. You can get it in 275€ on Amazon and you can get it in around 350€ from the official site of Samsung.
Available methods to install stock firmware on Samsung smartphones:
There are two methods that can be used to install stock firmware on Galaxy A50. You can either install it via ODIN. Which is the old method and works for every Samsung smartphone but it is a little technical. The other method is via Smart switch. It is easy and done via software that is easy to operate but I am not sure if it works with the Galaxy Alpha series.
I have elaborated both methods in the guide below. You can try with either one of them. We start with ODIN in order to flash the stock firmware on Galaxy Alpha.
Install Stock firmware on Galaxy A50 via ODIN:
ODIN is the official tool by Samsung to flash the firmware on Samsung devices manually. It has come considerations that are needed to be dealt with before performing the guide on the phone. We will deal with the process in its full detail. So, even the ones who have never used it before get an idea and understanding on how to install stock firmware on Galaxy A50 using ODIN.
Before we move forward, there are some pre-requisites that are to be installed or to be set up. I will discuss them below.
- First of all, you will need a computer with a Windows operating system. As ODIN is not available on MAC and it is no support for OSX.
- Next, you will need to install Samsung drivers for PC on your Computer. So your phone is recognized when you connect it with your PC. You can download and install it from the official Samsung website.
- Moving on, Download and install ODIN on your computer.
- Lastly, find the appropriate firmware for your Galaxy A50. Open this website, enter your phone model. It will display all the firmwares of your phone model.
If you don’t know the model of your Galaxy A50. You can find it on the box of your phone. Or just go to the Settings of your phone -> About Phone -> About Device. There you will see the model of your phone.
Another thing that you have to consider while figuring out the correct firmware for your Galaxy A50 is that if your phone is unbranded. The firmware should also be unbranded. And if your phone is branded. You should find the same branded firmware with the same country for your phone. If your phone is unbranded, then you can install unbranded firmware of any country on your phone. Just make sure the model number is the same.
If you don’t want to lose any data while you install stock firmware on Galaxy A50. Find and flash exactly the same firmware that is already installed on your A50. However, the country and firmware version should be the same. You will not lose any of the data present on your phone.
Step to Step guide on how to install stock firmware on Samsung Devices via ODIN:
Hopefully, you already have installed ODIN and Samsung drivers for mobile on your computer.
- First of all, turn off your Galaxy A50.
- Once it is turned off enter into download mode.
- Press and hold Volume up and Power button while the phone is off.
- The phone will turn on into the Recovery menu.
- In the recovery menu, select “Reboot to bootloader” using the power button.
- Now on your PC. Open ODIN.
- Connect your phone with your computer using the data cable. In the logs of ODIN, you will see added.
- Initially, when you connect your A50 with your PC and the connection is successful. The ID:COM section on ODIN will change into blue. If the connection is not successful. Make sure your phone is properly connected to your computer and you have the proper driver for Samsung devices on your computer.
- Now, on the ODIN. You will see a number of tabs, you have to select files respective to each tab. Click on CP and locate and select the CP file from the extracted firmware. Click on AP and select the file with AP in the name. Similarly, add BL file in the BL tab.
- If you want to factory reset while you install stock firmware on Galaxy A50. Select CSC file in CSC file. Otherwise, load the HOME_CSC instead.
- Moreover, make sure F.Reset.Time and Auto Reboot option are checked in the ODIN. If there is any other option checked. Uncheck it.
- Finally, when everything is ready, press the “Start” button. The whole process will take around 5-9 Minutes. Once done, your phone will reboot.
It is important to know that this whole process is critical. If you try to stop it or disconnect your phone while it is still going on. It will be critical for your phone and it might end up in hard brick. So, even if the process takes some time. Let it be.
Install Stock firmware on Galaxy A50 via Samsung Smart switch:
The Smart Switch is a tool which can be downloaded from the official website of Samsung. it has a number of useful features. It allows Samsung users to troubleshoot a number of problems. It also allows the users to make a full backup of their phone on their computers. The plus point of Smartswitch is that it works on both Windows and OSX operating system. It means that you can use it on your MAC computer as well. Whereas, ODIN cannot be used on MAC.
In this guide, we will talk about how to install stock firmware on Galaxy A50 using smartswitch:
- First of all, download Smart switch from its official website and install it on your computer.
- Now connect your Galaxy A50 using the data cable to your computer.
- Open Smartswitch, it will recognize your Galaxy Alpha and show you all the details on the screen.
- Now before moving on to the guide. You can also make a backup of all of your data using Smart switch. As installing stock firmware will delete all the data present in the internal storage of your phone. The data in the external storage will not be deleted.
- In order to install stock firmware, locate and select “Emergency Software Recovery and Initialization”
- Here, you will see an option of Software Update and Initialization.
- Now you will see the list of all the available firmwares for your Galaxy A50.
- From the list of firmwares, select the latest firmware, and follow the on-screen instructions to install stock firmware on Galaxy A50.
- Once done, your phone will restart. If it was rooted, it will be unrooted. If you were not getting the OTA updates on your phone.
Furthermore, you will have regular OTA updates on your phone. All the software issues will be solved. Your Galaxy A50 will be flawless as new.
That’s all, on how to install stock firmware on Galaxy A50. If you have any questions or confusions regarding any of the method above. You can write to be in the comments or on our social media pages. I hope this guide helped you to fix the problems of your Galaxy Alpha phone.