The latest operating system for Apple smartphones and tablets was recently released with the iPhone 13, 13 Pro, and 13 Pro Max. The new operating system comes with many cool new features. It features a new look in Dark Mode for iPhones. Also, you can now sign in to apps with just a tap. In addition, it is more efficient compared to its predecessor. One thing that is imminent in the new update is the improved speed of Face unlock.
Along with all these new features, there also comes a few bugs. A friend of mine complained that while using WiFi on their iPhone, the browsing speed is slow as compared to when he was using the mobile data. I found it quite peculiar. Usually, it’s the other way around. While looking into it. I figured other people also have the same Slow WiFi after the iOS 15.2 update.
The new iPhone and its operating system, iOS 15, are famous for their spectacular picture quality. The fantastic pictures are processed with an A15 Bionic Neural Engine, an advanced image processing system. It enhances the texture and details and produces beautiful images in low light. In addition, several other new features are introduced with the new OS. For example, Mail, Notes, Safari, Maps, Reminders, and Siri, all these apps have got some unique and fancy features.
Along with new crazy features, there are also a few bugs. Another problem I noticed was the quick battery draining after the iOS 15.4 update. So now, let’s talk about all the issues that came with iOS 15 and its solutions.
Note: If your iPhone is draining battery quickly after the iOS 15.4.1 update. All you have to do is restart your phone, and the problem will be gone.
Fix Slow WiFi After 15 Update on iPhone:
So if you just updated to iOS 15.4 or iOS 15.4.1 and browsing on your iPhone is slow on WiFi, it’s fine on the Mobile data. We can help you fix this issue. We will also cover topics in which your phone cannot connect to a specific WiFi network. Or your phone disconnects from the WiFi frequently.
Check WiFi Router and Internet Connection:
- The first thing you need to check is if the WiFi Connection is working correctly. You can check it by connecting the same WiFi on another device and checking the internet speed using some online tool. If there is some problem with the internet connection, just reset your WiFi router.
Restart your iPhone or iPad:
- The second thing, restart your iPhone. Restarting your iPhone after any update is beneficial for your phone’s overall health. So try restarting your iPhone if your phone is draining the battery or you are suffering from slow WiFi after the iOS 15 update on your iPhone.
Troubleshoot the Network Connections of your iPhone:
Next thing, try to disconnect from the WiFi and connect again:
- Go to Settings -> Wi-Fi.
- You will see a small “i” next to the WiFi name your phone is currently connected to. Tap on it. You will see the details of the connected WiFi.
- Tap on Forget this Network.
- Once done, go back to the WiFi menu and connect to the WiFi again by entering the password.
- This will most probably solve the issue.
Reset Network Preferences:
If you still have an issue with your iPhone, the following solution is to reset network settings. But beware; it will delete passwords of all the saved WiFi connections. Also, it will delete the network certificates that you installed to connect to some specific WiFis like Eduroam in Europe. But, other than that, it won’t delete any user data. So it’s totally safe to reset network settings.
- In order to Reset Network Settings. Just open the Settings and search for “Reset Network Settings.” Or you can go to Settings -> General -> Reset. There you will find this option.
- Once found, tap on it. It will ask for your passcode or fingerprint.
- Once done, connect to the WiFi network again. Hopefully, the issue will be solved.
If nothing works, maybe try to factory reset your iPhone. There are two options: reset your iPhone without deleting any data. The other option also deletes all the data present on your iPhone.
I hope this guide helped you fix the slow WiFi issue after the iOS 15 update on iPhones and iPad. Suppose you have any questions or queries. You can ask me in the comments. You can also contact us on social media networks. If you want to dig deeper into the solution to this issue. You can look it up on the official Apple forums for troubleshooting iOS devices.