Samsung Galaxy S6 was introduced when Samsung was in dire need of something innovative and out of ordinary, to catch the attention of its lost customers. Galaxy S5 was disappointing, so Samsung had to come up with something great in order to get back its spot as one of the best smartphone manufacturers of the world. Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge was adored by the people. Samsung totally revamped its design and came up with elegant and stylish design. People have been using Samsung Galaxy S6 from years now and they dont have any problem from it or any will to upgrade. With time it started to cause some issues, fast charging and USB connection of Galaxy S6 not recognized on PC are one of the most common issues.
In this guide, we will cover solution of one particular issue that arises when you connect Samsung Galaxy S6 to Windows PC via USB cable. The particular error that occurs is “USB Device not recognized – A Device attached to computer USB device does not work properly“.
As a result of this error, your Galaxy S6 won’t be recognised by windows PC via USB connection. You will not be able to access the data present inside it. There are number of ways which can help to fix Galaxy S6 not recognized on PC. We will discuss all possible solutions in the guide below. If you have any issue or query at any point of this guide feel free to ask me.
Samsung Galaxy S6 not Recognized on PC? Here is how to fix it.
First and foremost, it can be issue of Samsung USB drivers on your phone. the drivers might not be properly installed, that’s why your windows PC is not recognizing your Galaxy S6.
- To fix Galaxy S6 not recognized Issue. Download the Samsung USB drivers for windows and install them on your windows PC.
If the above drivers didn’t work out for you. and your Galaxy S6 is still not recognized by your PC then try the following guide.
- Firstly, download Smart Switch on your windows computer or MAC.
- Now disconnect your phone if it’s connected to PC via USB cable.
- Open Smart Switch.
- Click on More.
- Click on Reinstall Device Driver.
- Now Connect your phone again to your windows PC using data cable.
Note: Make sure youre using original Samsung USB cable to connect your Galaxy S6 to your windows PC.
Method 2 to Solve Galaxy S6 not recognized on windows PC.
You might be getting this issue because you have not properly configured the connection type on your Galaxy S6. It should be on MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)
- First of all, Go to Settings -> About Device -> Tap on Build Number for seven times.
- You will see a pop up saying, Developers options enabled.
- Now go back to Settings-> Developer Options.
- Change USB configuration to MTP, if charging or some other option is selected.
Third Method to Fix Galaxy S6 USB Connection unrecognized device error:
When everything fails, there are just 3 methods left. Two of them are easy. One solution takes some, but it will make your phone as you took it out from the box.
- First try to solve this issue by clearing cache and performing factory reset from recovery menu.
- Turn off your phone.
- Press Volume Up + Home + Power button simultaneously. Keep on holding the buttons till you see Android logo on the screen.
- Now youre in recovery menu. Here you can use volume buttons to navigate and power button to select.
- First wipe cache of your system. (It wont delete any data present in your phone)
- Even after wiping cache if Galaxy S6 not recognized on your computer. Then go for factory reset. The option to perform full factory reset is present in the recovery menu as well.
- If any of the above method didn’t work. Then you will have to put your phone in download mode and install stock ROM again. This is confirm solution of any software related issue. It will fix each and every problem you are facing on your galaxy S6. Here is a full fledged and comprehensive guide on the whole process.
That’s all from my side on how to fix Galaxy S6 not recognized on Windows PC and receiving unrecognized device error on computer when you connect your phone. If you know of any other solution to this problem. Do share with us in the comments.In conclusion, I would like to tell you that you can also write to us, if you are having any confusion or query regarding the guide above.