There are times when even factory reset fails to fix any error for you. Most of the time the error is software related, sometimes you can’t even turn on phone. When everything fails to help out then the last and most reliable solution is to flash stock ROM on Galaxy S6.
Samsung Galaxy S6 is one of the most adored smartphone of galaxy series. Many samsung customers were disappointed from Galaxy S5 but S6 made them forget all their disagreements with Samsung. Apart from great processing power of Exynos 7420. Galaxy S6 has very stylish and graceful premium body. Its camera and battery life is also praiseworthy.
How to Flash Stock ROM on Galaxy S6
Flashing stock ROM can fix almost any issue that is related to software. It is ultimate solution if nothing works to fix any issue that you are facing on your Galaxy S6. Although people are reluctant to flash stock ROM on their phone but it is quite easy and whole process takes few minutes. Only downside of flashing stock ROM is that it deletes all the data present inside the internal storage of your phone. Sadly Galaxy S6 does not have SD card you will have to move your data to PC or cloud.
Now let’s move on to the guide on how to flash stock ROM on Galaxy S6.
- Download ODIN v3.10.7 from here. (Click on download from browser when the window appears).
- Download Stock Firmware for your S6 from SamMobile.
- Download Samsung Drivers for Windows. (Link to download file is under the main heading). These drivers are to be installed on your PC, they are essential for your PC to recognise your device properly.
- You will need a computer for this solution.
- Make backup of your data using this guide (optional).
- Enable USB debugging on your phone; Settings-> Select About Phone -> Locate Build number and tap it 7 times. Head back to settings page and locate Developers Options -> Enable USB debugging.
- Your phone should have at least 40% battery.
- Lastly, make sure KIES is off and not running in the background. (Uninstall it)
Selecting the right stock ROM is very important before flashing. Although you can install unbranded ROM of any country if your phone is not carrier locked. But its good to first check PDA and CSC of your phone by dialing *#1234#.
To check if your phone is branded or not, reboot your phone and see if some brand name or logo like T-Mobile etc appears at startup. If it’s not branded then you can flash ROM of any country that is unbranded on your phone.
Step to step guide on how to flash stock ROM on Galaxy S6:
- FIrst of all, Download ODIN on your PC
- Now install Samsung USB drivers for windows on your PC.
- Now turn off your Galaxy S6 and Get it into Download mode. Press Volume Down, Power button and Home Button simultaneously. Keep on holding till you see a warning.
- Once you see the warning, press Volume up button to continue.
- Now connect your phone to your PC using USB data cable
- Now open ODIN on your windows PC. If ID:COM section is turned into blue then your phone is added.
- Click on AP or in some ODIN versions PDA .
- Select the stock ROM you downloaded.
- Lastly, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is checked in the options. Like in the screenshot below.
- Click on Start and wait for few minutes. While ROM is flashing, make sure that you don’t disconnect your phone from your PC.
Note: If the firmware you downloaded extracts more than one file then select the corresponding section according to file type BL belongs to Bootloader, AP belongs to PDA, CP belongs to Phone(Modem) and select CSC file in CSC tab.
If you are reluctant to flash stock ROM on Galaxy S6 using ODIN. Then use Smart Switch. Its an official software from Samsung and very easy to use. And it does the same job. Watch the tutorial below.
Note: Flashing Stock ROM removes the root access. If you installed custom ROM or custom kernel, it will also be removed. Galaxy S6 will be new as you pulled it out of box.
That’s it. I hope this guide works out for you. If you have any query regarding how to Flash Stock ROM on Galaxy S6. Let me know in the comments. Do give us feedback if flashing stock ROM fixed your issue or it didn’t.