Chinese Huawei phones do not have Google Play store. It has its own store for downloading apps. China does not allow Google, Facebook or any other social network in the country. If you bought a phone from china. Chances are it doesn’t have Google Play Store or any of the app from google. In the post below, I will guide you on how to install and download Google Play Store on Huawei phones which are brought from china or they are running on Chinese ROM.
Recently, I bought a Huawei P9 from China. When I came back to my country. I tried installing apps like Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Snapchat and Twitter. Snapchat failed to install and gave an error that this app requires google play services to run. To solve this error. I had to install Google Play Services on my phone. After that I was able to download and install every app present there and all apps started working properly.
How to Install and Download Google Play Store on Huawei China Phones:
Google play store now comes with google play services. In most of the Android phone. Once you have downloaded and installed Google Play Store. Just sign in on it using your Google or Gmail Account and that’s it. Now you can use every google service on your phone. In this guide. I will tell you how to download Google Play store on Huawei Chinese phones. Most of the apps on Android require google play services to function properly. It includes, location services and many other built in services that are provided by Google play services. All this can be availed just by downloading and installing google play store on your phone. I performed the guide below to use snapchat on Huawei P9 EVA-Al00.
Following are the steps on how to install and download Google Play Store on Huawei Chinese phones:
- First of all Goto Settings -> Advanced Settings ->Security ->Enable Download from Unknown Sources.
- If you see a message warning that ‘this type of file can harm your device.’ You can ignore it (its safe) and tap OK.
- Now download Google Play Store from here. Or you can find the latest version of Google Play Store APK available from here.
- Now open Google Play Store and Install it.
- After that, login using your Google Account.
Once done. you will be able to access Google Play Store and download apps from there.
Moreover, Following are the Google play store and Google play services APKs that I downloaded on my Huawei Honor 6X. So I can confirm the following version works on Chinese variants.
Method 2 to Install and Download Google Play Store on Huawei Chinese phones:
You might have noticed that even after installing the software updates on Huawei Chinese phones. Google play store and Google’s apps are removed. It is because the ROM is chinese and the developers have to remove Google apps.
To overcome this issue. You can directly install and download Google play store and services from an app named as Google Installer.
First of all, download Google Installer APK and Google Play Store APK from the link below.
Follow the steps to download Google Play Store on Huawei Chinese Phones:
- First of move both Google Installer APK and Google play store APK to file storage of your phone.
- Go to Settings -> Advanced Settings ->Security ->Enable Download from Unknown Sources.
- Now locate Google Installer APK file using the file manager on your huawei Chinese phone.
- Now open and install the APK. Click on OK and Install. You will see a blue circle tap on it.
- After that, click on yellow circle. Now, it will ask you to install google services framework.
- Click on Install and then click on OK.
- In the next step you have to click on Red Circle.
- Accept the terms and give permissions as following.
- Now locate Google Play Store’s APK file in internal storage of your phone.
- Tap on it to Install it.
- Now open Google Play Store and enter your google account details and you are good to go.
- Although mostly phones does not require to install google play services separately. If Google play store does not install google play services itself. Download the APK file of Google Play Services and install it on your huawei phone.
If you have any question in the process above ask me in the comments.
If the above method didn’t work for you then try the method below:
Sometimes even after installing Google play store, google play services are not working. To fix this issue. perform the following steps on your chinese model of Huawei phone.
- First of all reset your phone.
- Now Open HiApp. It’s the chinese Android app store. Search for Google.
- First apps folder you see. Open it and download Google play store and other Google apps from there.
- Now log in using your Google account.
That’s it. Now you can all the apps that require google play store and google play services to function properly.
Tip: If both the methods mentioned above didn’t work for you. Then download gapps and flash it on your Huawei chinese phone. It will install every Google app along with google play services on your phone.
I hope this guide on how to install and download Google play services worked out for you. If you have any questions or queries regarding anything mentioned above. You can comment below and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Huawei phones that are made for chinese people have no change in specs and features. It only has chinese language rom and Google play store isint present.