It can be really hard to accept that your phone is lost. It is one of the hardest things to accept. Accidents do not ask before coming. If your Galaxy S7 got stolen or you have lost it somewhere and you don’t have any hope to get it back. The first thing you should do is to erase all the data present inside it. So that if some stranger gets his hands on it he can’t access the personal information and content present on the phone. Erasing all the data can also prevent strangers from accessing your Samsung Pay details along with credit card statements and payment receipts. So, if you have lost your Samsung Galaxy S7, here how you can wipe Galaxy S7 data remotely.
Although, it must be hard to erase all the memories stored on that phone in the form of pictures, texts, videos, and notes. If you are sure you can never get your phone back. This is the only option left. Well, if you always made a backup of your stuff on a cloud or your PC. Then you should not worry about wiping all the content of your phone as you can restore the backup on your new phone.
Note: It is always recommended to make a backup of your phone. See this guide which covers all possible ways to backup all your data to your PC or cloud storage.
How to Wipe Galaxy S7 Data remotely
Now moving on how to wipe Galaxy S7 Data remotely. Well, we will be using two methods. Both are services which can be used via PC or some other device with internet access. There are other options offered by these services which can be performed remotely. You can also lock your phone and set a text on its screen along with your number. So if it is not stolen, its just misplaced and someone found it. The phone will display that person a message on screen saying “This phone is lost, contact <your number> to return to its owner”. It will be locked with another password that you will set yourself. You can also make your phone ring using these services. If its silent and you can locate it. Another option is completely deleting all the data present on your phone. Let’s talk about how can you make use of these features.
Wipe Galaxy S7 Data Remotely using Android Find my device.
Find my device is a tool built by Google for Android users. It allows a user to use a Gmail account associated with that specific phone and using it you can perform a number of functions on your phone remotely. Following are few useful features of Find my device that you can use remotely from your PC or another smartphone to control your phone:
- You can see the location of your phone on Google Maps. Only if your phone is connected to the internet.
- You can make your phone ring at its maximum volume for 5 minutes.
- It can be used to lock the phone and display a message on its screen along with your contact number.
- You can wipe your phone completely. Deleting all the data present inside it.
Now let’s talk about how can you perform these features on your Galaxy S7 remotely.
- First of all head to Android Find my device website.
- Now Login using your Gmail/Google account details. The same email address you used on Google play store or Gmail of your lost phone.
- After you have logged in. You will see all the phones associated with that email address.
- Select Samsung Galaxy S7.
- Now you will see all the details of your phone. Its current location (if it is online and connected to the internet). If your phone is not connected to the internet, you will see the time and date when it was last online.
- Now in order to wipe Galaxy S7 data remotely. Click on Erase.
- Read the warning which says, it will delete all the data, including pictures, videos, contacts, accounts, Samsung Pay, credit card details and text messages of your phone.
- Accept the warning and click on Erase if you are good to go.
That’s it. If you don’t have access to your Gmail account or you never used Gmail or google play store on your phone. Use the method below it uses your Samsung account to provide remote access to your phone.
Wipe Galaxy S7 Data Remotely via Samsung Find my Mobile:
Now let’s move on to the second method if the first one didn’t work out for you. In this method, we will make use of Samsung Find my Mobile to wipe Galaxy S7 data remotely. Well, you can only use this service if you have enabled remote control option in the settings of your phone. Using this service you can perform a number of functions on your phone remotely. You can even unlock your phone if you can’t remember your passcode. If the screen of your phone is broken and you cant access the data present inside it because its locked you can use this service to unlock your phone and recover data from it.
Now follow the steps below to Remotely delete all of your data present in your lost Galaxy S7:
- First of all Login to Samsung Find my Mobile.
- Here you will see all the options you can perform on your Galaxy S7 remotely.
- Select Wipe all data.
That’s it. Now all the data present in your lost Galaxy S7 will be wiped.
I hope you were successful in your attempt to save your data from strangers. If you have any issue regarding this guide. Feel free to ask me in the comments. Also, do share with us how you lost your Galaxy S7 and if you managed to wipe Galaxy S7 data remotely. If you have any confusion in any of the methods above. You can contact us without any hesitation.