Samsung Galaxy Alpha is one of the best looking phones released by Samsung few years back. It has great processing power and an amazing camera. The edges of Samsung Alpha are thin and merged with the backside. Which makes it very easy to hold in a hand. Even its size makes it perfect sized smartphone. Today we will talk about how to install TWRP on Galaxy Alpha.
TWRP is one of the best custom recovery out there for Android phone. It allows you to explore many features of your Android phone that are inaccessible from stock recovery. Most notable features of custom recovery are as below:
- It allows you to Root your phone.
- It also helps you flash custom ROMs and application.
- You can also make NANDROID backup using TWRP on Galaxy Alpha.
- There are numerous system features, that can only be accessed via custom recovery.
Install TWRP on Galaxy Alpha
The method that we are going to use to install custom recovery TWRP on Galaxy Alpha is via ODIN. Note that this guide won’t delete any data present inside your phone. We will download the TWRP file and flash it on your phone using ODIN. In the following guide, I will cover each and every step that is required to flash TWRP on Galaxy Alpha. Consider the following prerequisites and downloads that you will need before moving on to the process.
- You will need a computer/laptop to perform this guide.
- Make sure your phone is charged over 50%.
- Disable KIES on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging: Goto Settings-> Select About Phone -> Locate Build number and tap it 7 times. Head back to the settings menu and locate Developers Options -> Enable USB debugging.
- Although this guide wont delete any data present in your phone. But to be on the safe side. Backup all of your data using this guide.
Download the Following Files on Your PC or Laptop
- Download Samsung USB drivers for Windows PC. These drivers are required so that your phone is detected by your PC once you connect it via data cable.
- On your PC, you will have to download and unzip ODIN V3.11.1.
- Download TWRP Custom Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Alpha on your PC.
Now perform the steps below to flash custom recovery TWRP on Galaxy Alpha:
First of all, make sure you have performed all the steps above and you are with me in this guide. Don’t skip any step above. If you have any query or question. Ask me in the comments. I will get back to you ASAP. Flashing TWRP on Galaxy Alpha is not that hard. But for non-tech people, it can get confusing. Whenever you feel like you can ask me for help. Now let us move on the guide to install TWRP on Galaxy Alpha.
- First of all, Turn off your Galaxy Alpha and put it in Download Mode.
- Press volume down + home button and power button simultaneously.
- Release the button when you see a warning.
- Press volume up button to continue.
Now, open ODIN on your PC.
- Once ODIN is up and running connect your Samsung Galaxy Alpha to your PC using a data cable. If ID:COM on ODIN turns blue. It means that your phone is connected and recognised by your PC. If it does not change color. then make sure you have properly downloaded and installed Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Click on AP or PDA tab. Make sure F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot is checked. (All other options are unchecked like in the screenshot below).
- Once you are ready. Click on Start. It will take hardly 5 minutes to flash TWRP on Galaxy Alpha.
- Your phone will reboot after the flashing process is complete. When your phone reboots and turns on again. Take off its battery and don’t let it boot into the system.
- Lastly, put the battery in and boot into the recovery menu.
- Press volume up + home + power button simultaneously.
- Keep on holding the buttons till you see TWRP Recovery menu.
Once done, next time you boot up your phone and get into recovery menu by pressing volume up, home and power button. TWRP recovery will pop up instead of stock recovery menu.
Now you can make NANDROID backups and flash custom roms and everything using TWRP.
In conclusion, I would like to offer my help if you find anything confusing or you are stuck at any step while trying to install TWRP on Galaxy Alpha. You can contact me on twitter (you can find link to me on twitter in author box), I will get back to you immediately. Do give us feedback if it was your first time in flashing TWRP on Galaxy Alpha.