In the era of smartphones, battery life is a precious commodity. The Samsung Galaxy S21 is a remarkable device, but some users have reported experiencing battery drain issues. Fear not, as I have curated some steps to stop Samsung battery drain and help you resolve this problem and get the most out of your Samsung Galaxy S21.
Identifying the Reasons for Battery Drain:
Battery drain can be attributed to various factors, including system settings, apps, and software glitches. Before diving into troubleshooting, it’s essential to identify potential culprits:
- Screen Brightness: Excessive screen brightness can drain your battery. Try to use a lower brightness value when you can.
- Background Apps: Apps running in the background can consume power. Close unnecessary apps you are not using; this will minimize extra power usage, thus extending the battery life.
- Connectivity Settings: Constantly running Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or GPS when not in use can contribute to battery drain. Most people tend to leave their Data on after using it. Little do they know that this becomes a massive reason for battery drain.
- App Notifications: Frequent app notifications can activate the device’s screen, leading to battery drain. Customize notification settings to minimize unnecessary alerts.
Solutions to Samsung Galaxy S21 Battery Drain:
Now that we’ve identified potential culprits, let’s explore practical solutions to combat battery drain on your Samsung Galaxy S21
- Optimize Power Settings: Navigate to the device’s settings and explore the power-saving options. Enable power-saving mode to limit background activity and optimize performance.
- Adjust Screen Timeout: Shorten the screen timeout duration to minimize battery drain, as when you leave, your phone turned on unattended, the screen may stay turned off for 10-30 seconds which is just not practical. You can do this by Settings>Display>Screen Timeout>(your preferred duration).
- Manage App Usage: Identify power-hungry apps, mostly games and rendering software, e.g. video editing and photo editing, using the device’s battery usage feature. Uninstall or disable these apps and consider alternatives that are not as intensive.
- Disable Adaptive Brightness: Adaptive brightness adjusts screen brightness based on ambient lighting conditions; when you head into direct sunlight, your screen gets brighter by itself, which consumes additional power. Disable this feature from Settings>Display>Adaptive Brightness, and manually adjust screen brightness when needed.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and Data: As discussed, disable Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and personal hotspot when not in use. Activate them only when necessary to conserve battery life.
- Background App Refresh: Limit or disable background app refresh to prevent apps from updating in the background, thus reducing battery usage.
- Utilize Dark Mode: Enabling dark mode can significantly reduce battery drain on devices with OLED screens like the Samsung Galaxy S21 since the pixels are turned off and require little to no energy.
- Software Updates: Ensure your device’s software is up to date. Manufacturers often release updates that address battery optimization and other performance-related issues.
- Clear Cache: Regularly clear app caches, as accumulated cache files can hinder device performance and contribute to battery drain.
- Factory Reset: If NONE of these work for you, consider performing a factory reset. Back up your data before proceeding; you can learn how to back up by clicking here! A factory reset can eliminate software glitches and restore optimal performance.
As you use your phone, it’s overall battery health decreases, and your phone battery will show that it’s charged to 100%. However, it will only be useful till the battery is healthy. This makes it seem like the phone is not working as long as it should. If you face this issue, you can consider getting a new phone or replacing the battery.
I hope this helped! If you face any issues, you can comment down below. Please consider liking this post if you found it helpful. You can follow us to stay up to date on the latest tech content!