You might have seen that there is no option to logout from facebook messenger iPhone app. The new facebook is designed in a way that the main facebook app neither supports sending of messages nor receiving, although the app shows that the user is online but unless you have messenger app, you can’t send or recieve messages.
There is no way around unless you install the facebook messenger iPhone app. And once you get the messenger app, you will notice there is no option to logout from facebook messenger app. To get over this issue people are using third party Facebook apps, those apps are user friendly unlike the official apps of facebook.
How to Logout from Facebook Messenger iPhone App
Well, if you ask me how I found this trick, so I was looking for a way to logout from facebook messenger iphone app to appear offline. There are times, when you don’t want people to bug you. Although messenger app has an option to disable chat option, but it doesnot works efficiently. Even if you disable the option, you can still be seen active on facebook.
Now moving on the the trick that will allow you to logout from facebook messenger iphone app.
Following are the few steps along with screenshots for your better understanding:
- First of all open your facebook app (not the messenger app). Now tap on more or in some versions there are just 3 horizontal lines, it’s present on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Now tap on Settings, you will see a pop up that will have 3 options, select “Account Settings”.
- Now select “Security Settings”.
- In the Security settings, which are as follows, select the option “Where you’re logged in”.
- Now you will see all the devices and locations from where your account has been logged in from.
- You’ll see an active session named as “Facebook Messenger on iOS”.
- Kill that active session and you will be logged out of your iPhone’s Facebook Messenger App.
Logout From Facebook Messenger iPhone running on iOS 10:
From 11th February 2017, you can easily logout of facebook messenger on iPhone by following the steps below:
- First of all, go to your account by selecting the small icon with your display picture on top left corner.
- Then tap on Switch Accounts.
- Now swipe left on the account you want to remove.
- Now you will see a “Remove” option in red color.
- Tap on it and your account will be removed from Facebook messenger and you will be logged out.
That’s all, It’s just a trick, but it allows you to logout from Facebook messenger iPhone app. Let us know if you have any issues in any of the above steps. You can also share with us any tricks regarding facebook, or any other technology. If you have any issue regarding facebook, you can contact their customer support.