After the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update, I was facing this weird Nexus 6 camera lag. Also when I was scrolling the comments on youtube my nexus 6 used to lag. I was looking for it’s when I figured out that many users are also facing similar problems. Some people have reported that orange lines appear on the screen while taking pictures in sun. And when they try to take number of pictures at a time the capture button is grayed out and it does not allows to take more pictures.
Nexus 6 is one of the most loved Android smartphone in the market. This camera lag is common issue for most of the users. While looking into the issue, I figured out that the camera lag usually arises while taking HDR pictures. and the capture button grays out when the system has to process the already taken pictures. I also noticed that if I am using camera on my nexus 6 and I switch to another app without closing it then the phone lags.
Note: This guide also works for Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P.
How to Fix Nexus 6 Camera Lag:
This issue was not present in the Android Lollipop. So it is prominent that the issue is in Marshmallow. I have compiled some tips that will help you out to fix Nexus 6 camera lag. Try them out and let me know if it works out for you guys. Worked fine for me.
- First of all Turn off the GeoTagging. Go to Settings and turn off the Save Location.
- Clear App Cache. Goto Setting > App Manager > Select Camera App > Clear Cache.
- Remove the Camera App from Battery Optimisation.
- Goto Settings -> Battery ->Battery optimization (It’s present at the top right corner of screen.)
- Select Camera and tap on don’t optimise.
Note:If you take a picture on your Nexus 6 and it shuts down the phone then see this guide for its solution.
Now if nothing works out from all the above solutions. Clear Cache Partition. If you don’t know how to clear cache partition of Nexus 6 follow the below steps. Also know that clearing cache doesn’t deletes data present in your phone.
Steps to clear cache of Nexus 6:
- First of all turn off your Nexus 6.
- Now press and hold Volume down and Power button. Release the buttons when you see Android laying on its back and large box on the top.
- Now use volume button to navigate to Recovery menu. (Press volume down button twice and you will see recovery menu written in that box.)
- Press Power button to select.
- Now your phone will reboot. Hold on till you see an android figure in the background.
- Now press and hold power button and tap volume up button.
- Now you will see number of options on the screen. Use Volume button to navigate to Wipe Cache Partition.
- Use power button to select it. Now Cache partition will be wiped. It will take some time. Don’t freak out and don’t forcefully restart your phone it will cause your phone to get into boot loop. Wait for like 10-15 minutes you will get a message on the screen that cache partition successfully formatted.
That’s all on how to fix Nexus 6 Camera Lag. If your nexus 6 is still lagging then, go for factory reset. It is proven solution for every software related problem. Factory reset will delete all data present in your phone. So before proceeding further make a backup of your data using this guide . One benefit of factory reset is that it will make your phone fresh as new and it will eliminate all the problems and glitches from your phone.
If you have any issues of queries regarding the above guide. Let me know in the comments. Your feedback is appreciated, so let us know in the comments about the above guide and did it worked out for you as well or no? If you have some other solution to fix Nexus 6 camera lag issue. Do share with us.