Samsung Galaxy S7 is one of the best smartphone of 2016. It has a premium body and its design is stylish. Everyone is in love with it already. People are very much satisfied with S7. It has great processing power along with great features and it is running on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1. Apart from these quality features, there’s one problem that many users have reported. During a call, the other person cant hear your voice properly. This is a very common issue associated with Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. Today we will be talking about how to fix Galaxy S7 Microphone issues.
Galaxy S7 turned out to be the game changer for Samsung. When people were losing hope from Samsung and most of the old users didn’t even buy Galaxy S6 because they were so disappointed by Galaxy S5. But when Galaxy S7 was announced, seeing its design and features most of the people went back to buying it.
Fix Galaxy S7 Microphone Issues:
So I stated above many users of Galaxy S7 are facing problems with its mic. I did some research about what can be the potential problem that is causing this issue. And came up with few possible methods that will help you to fix Galaxy S7 mic problem. All the methods stated below are simple and easy to apply. It will hardly take 20 minutes to perform them to solve your mic problem in Galaxy S7.
- Talking about the first and foremost thing that you have to check. Use a flashlight and check if there is something inside microphone hole in your phone. Make sure microphone port of your Galaxy S7 is not blocked.
- Microphone hole of Galaxy S7 is located next to the speaker of the phone. You need to use a sharp and thin needle to pull out the dirt, or just make it lose and then use a vacuum machine to suck it. The dirt hinders the path and blocks sound waves from reaching the mic.
- Also, know that there are two mics in Samsung Galaxy S7. One is primary which is present next to the speaker and charging port. Secondary microphone is present on the top side of the phone. Its sole purpose is to cancel unnecessary sound or noise.
- Another thing you got to do is to make sure Noise Reduction is turned off in the settings. It is a common problem in Galaxy Series that noise cancellation feature hinders the audio quality and the person on the receiving end of call only gets to hear bits and pieces.
- One thing that has been reported by most people who make calls using the left hand. Their little finger is on the microphone without them realizing that it is the main cause of their voice not reaching the receiver properly.
That’s all on about how to fix Galaxy S7 microphone and all the problems related to it. If the above solution didn’t help you to get better voice quality from the mic. Then there might be a hardware issue with your phone. You can get it checked or replace it if it’s under warranty. Although, I don’t think there is some problem with the microphone of S7 in general. Because this is a common issue and it can be easily solved using the above tricks.
Factory Reset to Fix Galaxy S7 Microphone:
If you want to take all your chances before replacing your phone better check with hard or factory reset. It might solve your problem, only if there is some software glitch that is causing this problem.
As you might know, that factory reset will delete all the data present in the internal storage of your Galaxy S7. So before proceeding. Make a backup of your Samsung phone using this guide.
Once you are done with backup proceed with the following steps to hard reset your phone. It’s good to factory reset Android phone once in a while, it enhances the performance of your phone if you have been putting a lot of stuff in it and it has started to lag a bit. It will make your phone fresh and fast as new.
Following are the steps on how to perform a factory reset on Samsung Galaxy S7 from Recovery Menu:
- First of all turn off your phone.
- Now press Volume Up Home Button and Power button simultaneously. Press and hold the buttons till you see an Android figure on the screen.
- Now use volume buttons to move in stock recovery menu of Android and select the option Wipe Data/ Factory Reset. Make the selection using the power button.
- Now again use volume buttons to go to Yes delete all user data and press power button to select this option.
- Wait for like 2 minutes, while your phone will get restored to its original factory settings.
- Now in recovery menu, select the option Reboot System Now.
I hope this will solve Galaxy S7 microphone issues. If you have any query or question regarding the guide above. Feel free to ask me in the comments. You can also share with us and give us your feedback if you were successful in fixing your phone. If you have any confusion regarding any step in the guide mentioned above on how to fix Galaxy S7 microphone. Feel free to ask me in the comments. If you have some other fix that helped you fix your phone’s mic issue, share with us.